No intermittent wipers

Anyone had this problem with Man trucks its a right PITA when you get that fine mist/light rain and can only use fast wipe and anyone no of a solution, fuse, relay maybe :question:

Daf have the same problem!! Gets on ya bloody nerves don’t it!!

I think its the stalk that goes faulty

Had this problem with mine. Got sorted by the main dealer, don’t know what they done but it’s fine now.

Think MAN use the same system as Mercedes.The intermitent wipe trigger is in the indicator flasher unit and,I know this may sound daft,but if you pull out the flasher unit(box about 75mm across with about 16 pins on it) and run your tongue between the pins it resets the timing capacitor.
Also works if the flashers get shorted and nothing flashes and they just stay on all the time.You get a bit of a tingle but it dont fry your face.

GETTING:
I think its the stalk that goes faulty

Nothing worse than a faulty stalk! :laughing:
Bernard

I drive a Merc. and its got a faulty stalk as well PITA.

And who thought ‘ill just run my tongue over the pins’ in the first place? Or is that a different topic.

Young_AL:

DAF wipers are programmable. flick them on then off, wait amount of time you want
then flick them on and off again, your wipers are now programmed for that amount of time. :wink:

Bking:
…I know this may sound daft,but if you pull out the flasher unit(box about 75mm across with about 16 pins on it) and run your tongue between the pins it resets the timing capacitor…

How the hell do people find these things out? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bking:
Think MAN use the same system as Mercedes.The intermitent wipe trigger is in the indicator flasher unit and,I know this may sound daft,but if you pull out the flasher unit(box about 75mm across with about 16 pins on it) and run your tongue between the pins it resets the timing capacitor.
Also works if the flashers get shorted and nothing flashes and they just stay on all the time.You get a bit of a tingle but it dont fry your face.

Bkinh how would you get a tingle if the flasher unit is out :question:

As the man said - from the charge in the capacitor inside it?

Roymondo:
As the man said - from the charge in the capacitor inside it?

Thankyou Roymondo.

Pulled the indicator relay but only had 5 blades on it, so must be different.

AndyMac1:

Young_AL:

DAF wipers are programmable. flick them on then off, wait amount of time you want
then flick them on and off again, your wipers are now programmed for that amount of time. :wink:

unless they`re broken…like the ones in the op :wink:

mine went yesterday.truck is 4 month old :unamused: