No drivers allowed

How many times do you see this sign at places you deliver to.
New drivers will not be attracted to driving jobs if they are not made welcome.
I saw a sign that said no drivers allowed to use the toilet, and the same for offices at factories.
They want the goods, but don’t care who brings them.
Industrial estates with draconian warning signs not to park there.
Tip the load then go away.
Local businesses lose out on revenue from visiting drivers, if they can park, they spend money at takeaways ad pubs…

Privately run ind estates don’t want trucks parking up because of the mess that’s left behind.
A lot of councils are doing the same now, and can you blame them? if they were to do their jobs properly they’d spend a small fortune clearing up after the drivers have used the parking area as a toilet and large open rubbish bin.

I’m sorry but drivers only have themselves to blame for this situation.
I’ve been to many places where they’ve had to ban drivers from using the facilities purely on the basis of how much it was costing them to repair and clean them. It’s obviously very frustrating when this happens, but I can see their point of view.

The reality is that no one wants the job of clearing up after trucks have parked somewhere. So they make it someone else’s problem by banning parking.

The general attitude from today’s drivers, in both driving standards and care towards their environment have resulted in us being seen and treated as second class citizens. It’s not good for those of us that still care about doing the job properly, drive with care and consideration, leave facilities as we found them, and put rubbish in bins rather than just out the window, but that’s the way it is.
And I don’t blame the influx of foreign trucks as being the main problem, I’ve seen just as many UK drivers act in this way.
The answer is simple, get out of driving and see your social and work status instantly rise to that of everybody who isn’t a truck driver.

Tgtrucker, you are right, a few bad apples that spoil it for the good guys and gals.
The UK should adopt the continental method of paying for public toilets, a voucher is given to spend on food or a drink.
German Msa loos, you could eat your dinner on the loo, they are so clean.
UK is a dirty country, yobs chuck McDonald’s wrapping in beauty spots.
The Msa loos stink of stale urine with no ventilation.

Tgtrucker:
Privately run ind estates don’t want trucks parking up because of the mess that’s left behind.
A lot of councils are doing the same now, and can you blame them? if they were to do their jobs properly they’d spend a small fortune clearing up after the drivers have used the parking area as a toilet and large open rubbish bin.

I’ve been to many places where they’ve had to ban drivers from using the facilities purely on the basis of how much it was costing them to repair and clean them. It’s obviously very frustrating when this happens, but I can see their point of view.

The reality is that no one wants the job of clearing up after trucks have parked somewhere. So they make it someone else’s problem by banning parking.

The general attitude from today’s drivers, in both driving standards and care towards their environment have resulted in us being seen and treated as second class citizens. It’s not good for those of us that still care about doing the job properly, drive with care and consideration, leave facilities as we found them, and put rubbish in bins rather than just out the window, but that’s the way it is.
And I don’t blame the influx of foreign trucks as being the main problem, I’ve seen just as many UK drivers act in this way.
The answer is simple, get out of driving and see your social and work status instantly rise to that of everybody who isn’t a truck driver.

YAWN :grimacing: and the last thirty years? :sunglasses:

Tgtrucker:

Are you a campaigner for the Green party by any chance Tg trucker?. If not, you should be, especially with an answer like that. You would do a fantastic job!

Tgtrucker:

+1

The reality is, it is quite rare to see signs saying visitors can’t use the toilets. Slightly more common is the one saying the canteen is for staff only, which I can understand, as some drivers would just wander in there without changing out their grease covered overalls and plonk themselves down.

One reason why some industrial estates have an issue with trucks being parked up, is courtesy of the numpties that park across entrances to business units and are still fast asleep in their cabs next morning when folks are trying to get into work. That can be before 6am in some businesses.

It is usually thoughtless behaviour by drivers themselves, that leads to others being excluded or banned from places.

the problem is there are to many mummy boys driving trucks around these days. would you believe they look down there noses on drivers who might have to take a dump in the cabs or worse they go into transport offices snitching on drivers who smoke in the cabs, along with many other things they think is there business to inform the transport managers about when it comes to there work mates driving.

that tg post up there ^ reminds me of the type of driver i am on about, snitches on anyone and everything trying to look like a goody 2 boots.

desypete:
the problem is there are to many mummy boys driving trucks around these days. would you believe they look down there noses on drivers who might have to take a dump in the cabs or worse they go into transport offices snitching on drivers who smoke in the cabs, along with many other things they think is there business to inform the transport managers about when it comes to there work mates driving.

that tg post up there ^ reminds me of the type of driver i am on about, snitches on anyone and everything trying to look like a goody 2 boots.

Seems you have real issues, why should a non smoking driver have to put up with people who smoke. If you hate the job that much get out of it … but no you wont becuase it prob earns you a crust, are you one of these moaners at a RDC■■?

discoman:

desypete:

Seems you have real issues, why should a non smoking driver have to put up with people who smoke. If you hate the job that much get out of it … but no you wont becuase it prob earns you a crust, are you one of these moaners at a RDC■■?

i have got out of it, i wasnt one of the spineless lot who went an got there cpc card i stood up for not working for the same crap money anymore or putting up with drivers who are mummys boys, the game has changed a lot over the years, todays drivers can not even handle a gear box let alone find there way around without there sat navs

the cpc card was the last straw for me along with trying to learn how to speak polish i gave up, after 26 years its what the real drivers have done hence there is a shortage of expereinced guys as we dont work for peanuts anymore

we leave it down to muppets like you to take over

desypete:

discoman:

desypete:

i have got out of it, i wasnt one of the spineless lot who went an got there cpc card i stood up for not working for the same crap money anymore or putting up with drivers who are mummys boys, the game has changed a lot over the years, todays drivers can not even handle a gear box let alone find there way around without there sat navs

the cpc card was the last straw for me along with trying to learn how to speak polish i gave up, after 26 years its what the real drivers have done hence there is a shortage of expereinced guys as we dont work for peanuts anymore

we leave it down to muppets like you to take over

Fair play to you!

desypete:
, todays drivers can not even handle a gear box let alone find there way around without there sat navs

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with Sat Navs. They have created great entertainment value when truckers have chosen to listen to them, rather than common sense. Cue the truck driver in the middle of a ploughed field… “You have reached your destination”… :grimacing:

I also don’t currently drive and haven’t yet convinced myself that returning to it would be a good idea?

LIBERTY_GUY:

desypete:
, todays drivers can not even handle a gear box let alone find there way around without there sat navs

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with Sat Navs. They have created great entertainment value when truckers have chosen to listen to them, rather than common sense. Cue the truck driver in the middle of a ploughed field… “You have reached your destination”… :grimacing:

I also don’t currently drive and haven’t yet convinced myself that returning to it would be a good idea?

the bridge strikes make me chuckle, or the guy who went all the way around the m25 as he missed his turn off and was to scared to follow the sat nav in case it took him down A roads.

they really are a dumb lot, it beggars belief just how the hell we got our bendys around the country with only a map to help us out. but the fact is we did it day in day out it was part of what the job was back then.

todays lot have automatic this and that, night heaters all sorts of moden stuff and yet there hitting bridges, losing loads, causing all sorts of problems getting stuck in roads they should know not to go down etc

and its not just polish guys who do this is the new drivers with there nice clean cpc cards that tell everyone there super trained lol

they just dont have a clue unless its all done for them these days

well done for getting out of it i am like you i keep my eyes open for whats going on and if ukip win and can cause us to leave europe there might be some hope of driving getting a bit more back to how it used to be as it was a well paid job years ago but we did have to be real drivers back then so we earned it

desypete:
they just dont have a clue unless its all done for them these days

well done for getting out of it i am like you i keep my eyes open for whats going on and if ukip win and can cause us to leave europe there might be some hope of driving getting a bit more back to how it used to be as it was a well paid job years ago but we did have to be real drivers back then so we earned it

I truly think ‘the golden age of trucking’ has ended in this country now, for a whole variety of reasons too long to list. It used to be a good crack a few years ago, fill up with fuel, bugger off for the day, get all the deliveries done, paperwork signed and the boss would be pleased you brought the truck back in one piece everyday. Everyone was (relatively) happy, including customers most of whom used to be very friendly and chatty.

Nowadays you have on board telematics, on board satellite tracking, route planning software where you have an inquisition if you miss a turn and come back with an extra mile on your readout. Really doesn’t appeal that much anymore.

You just worked for the wrong firm.

desypete:

wow

My dad died of lung cancer when I was 9 and guess what…
he was a smoker.
Do you really think I have no right to complain if I get in a wagon that’s still full of cigarette smoke?

I’ve lost some good parking spots down the years due to drivers abusing the place, that’s fair enough though as you don’t always have business in those places anyway. As for the toilets, that’s a joke. Although there have been some down the years I’ve refused to use. Anyone remember the drivers toilet by the chill gatehouse at safeways Aylesford? What a state. But I think it’s harsh to say young drivers aren’t “real” drivers, just because they use sat navs and drive autos. My boss buys I shifts, nothing to do with me. And did you all get grief from your elders because you used a map instead of stopping in the town and asking directions? Time and technology moves on, that’s why you didn’t ride a horse and cart, so don’t judge so easy

don’t worry mark, desypete is the last man standing against the world and wont come back driving until they bring back crash boxes and abolish the cpc (the latter I agree with), he is proud to have had a dump in his cab, smoke in it, throw bottles of ■■■■ out when driving along.

a relic from times gone past am afraid (and yes I started with A-Z maps etc) but I also didn’t see any double deck trailers or anywhere as many vehicles on the road.

LIBERTY_GUY:
Nowadays you have on board telematics, on board satellite tracking, route planning software where you have an inquisition if you miss a turn and come back with an extra mile on your readout. Really doesn’t appeal that much anymore.

Yes but I cant help feeling that at least part of the reason all this big brother technology was brought in is because of the “old school real drivers” hanging the job out,parking up at 1pm and going for a sleep for 3 hours,taking the long route,going to shops etc. Ive heard drivers moaning about satellite tracking mere minutes after boasting about what they got up to in the “good old days”.

I’ve often found the ones who are scared of the telematics are the ones who are dishonest and get up to no good. I don’t waste a second of the day thinking about my dynafleet