Next step after provisiona

Hi all I’m awaiting my provisional licence and I want to know what’s the next step? Is the theory and hazard perception test separate from the CPC or does the four sections of the CPC contain the theory and hazard perception. I’m trying to sort somethings myself rather than do everything through a training school and spending 2k on one of their packages if that makes sense. Thanks for your help, Matt

First step is to ask on here for recommendations/experiences of this training school you have lined up…many people looking to get their HGV licence go through brokers who claim to be training school when in reality they ain’t.
Before you go any further make sure you’re heading the right way with regards to training otherwise you could find that the money goes and your still unqualified.

I did the medical, applied for provisional, then booked the Theory, passed that, then did the hazard perception, passed that, then the Case studies, three trips to the test centre but I paid them direct so no hidden costs. Then I went to Peter Smythe on a resdidential for practical training in Cpc4, practical driving and both those tests (can’t recommend this school enough) . The day I passed those last two tests in May I had finally ticked all the boxes and was ready to go!

Good luck!

I’ve done my class on the same way as Indigo.
I went to test centre twice as I booked theory test and hazard perception test in one visit. You can pass CPC mod 2 (theory) as well as mod 1a and 1b.
Then I’ve done practical test and CPC mod 4 on the end. Now I’m waiting for my driving licence from DVLA.
You couldn’t make any better decision than going to Peter Smythe Transport Training. I advise you to come to their centre on Open Day on Saturday 9th September. I’m going to be there to see what they can offer.

Pete, do you have any separate special offer for TruckNetUK users on Open Day? :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked my theory, hazard perception and cpc case studies tests together. Did first two on one day and back a day later for the third. Couldn’t book all three for the same day sadly.

Just used the official DVSA theory test book and DVSA official guide to driving goods vehicles and an app on my phone to practice the theory and hazard. Passed no problem.

Definitely don’t need a fancy training package to pass all theory stuff.

Imo I wouldn’t worry too much about finding a trainer for the practical stuff yet. I paid it only minor thought and focused on nailing the theory.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hi Matt. I used this video on YouTube to get through my training. Found it really useful as it gives you links to the forms you need and cost of tests etc. Hope it helps. Paul :slight_smile: youtu.be/hU4mN4pcs30

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks lads that’s cleared a few things up! Time to get the theory books