Newport Truck stop South Wales

Hi just thought I would share with you my recent experience of visiting this new establishment. Wanting a 45 minute break on Friday I thought I would try the new truckstop that is featured in this months Truckstop news.

Before I start I must stress that I have no connection with any of the people at this establishment but just felt it needed a mention.

Located on Maeglas retail park I found the new truckstop. Upon arrival I was met by the owner a driver prior to his new venture. Having spent 15 minutes chatting and hearing his ideas I went into to look for myself.

Upon entering the building I was surprised to see how bright AND clean the premises were.Already about 10 people were sat eating. Having mentioned to the chap I was after a shower then some food he showed me where the showers were and said feel FREE to use them. Walking to the shower I was amazed to see how much effort had been put into this venture. The shower was a brand new install and was spotless. I checked out the toilets after and found that these too were clean and tidy.

Now to find out about the food.Since going for my shower about 10 more people had come into the cafe so now tables were very few and far between. I studied the menu which had a good selection of daily specials and all very well priced. A quick glance of the selection available included

Ham, egg and chips £3.50
Corned Beef pie
Chicken and Veg Pie

Well I chose the Ham egg and chips which I can say was good value. Real ham off the bone fresh chips and eggs.

I can say I will be revisiting this establishment and hope some of you may take the time to visit it. It was great to see many local people visiting the retail park were using the facilities.

It is open 7 days a week and overnight parking is only £10.00 including a meal AND unlimited tea or coffee.

If any of you do take time to visit then I look forward to your comments.

Congratulations to the owner for taking the plunge to start up in this current climate.

Here is a website for the truckstop

www.newportcitytruckstop.co.uk

glad to see some decent parking there, parked on the cattle market last time ( about 10 years ago) and never been there since!

skids:
glad to see some decent parking there, parked on the cattle market last time ( about 10 years ago) and never been there since!

:laughing: :laughing: you didn’t get much sleep then??

skids wrote:

you didn’t get much sleep then??

ha ha … knock knock :grimacing: