Newport Pagnell Services

Anyone tried to use the NP services northbound? Turned into a Hungarian pit stop I think - take your passport!

Does it really matter. They have to park somewhere.

Never used northbound, a bit too close to home, but I tried to stop southbound last week getting awfully close to a 4 & a half & it was full, (10.50 am) only enough room for about 5 Lorrys & a Moped, Bloody Disgrace, no where decent within 5-10 minutes of J14 where you are guaranteed a space, I went to MK Stadium instead & enjoyed a Maky D’s [emoji4]

We are all doing the same job, we are all suffering at the hands of our government, who couldnt even guess how many east europeans would arrive here, let alone how many trucks would be coming as well, and guess what, they couldnt guess how many extra parking spaces would be needed, and even more so, have done absolutely nothing about it…so dont complain on here, go complain to your local mp, or write to the transport minister as well…we are all in the same boat…and its right across europe…and with more and more countries about to join, it will mean even more foreign trucks sharing the same amount of parking spaces and facilities.

truckyboy:
We are all doing the same job, we are all suffering at the hands of our government, who couldnt even guess how many east europeans would arrive here, let alone how many trucks would be coming as well, and guess what, they couldnt guess how many extra parking spaces would be needed, and even more so, have done absolutely nothing about it…so dont complain on here, go complain to your local mp, or write to the transport minister as well…we are all in the same boat…and its right across europe…and with more and more countries about to join, it will mean even more foreign trucks sharing the same amount of parking spaces and facilities.

Agree entirely Truckyboy with all of that.
As you say we are all doing the same job regardless of nationality, and if the political stuff like cut rates due to lower wages in East Euro, etc are not a suiter with some of the anti foreign crew on here, they can not blame the drivers of these trucks.
And I have no probs with these guys getting away with parking at MSAs for free either.
These crapholes are legalised robbery, and if anybody can get away with doing those places out of a few quid, good luck to them I say.
So unless anybody on here has shares in Moto, it has got absolutely ■■■■ all to do with them.

Yellow lorries with the sun face on the rear of the trailers would be Waberers of Hungary.
Fleets of Willi Betz would be parked up for weeks awaiting loads back home.
It was a common sight to see all their laundry drying on the perimeter fences.
Drivers carrying bags for life from Lidl or Aldi and wore jogging trousers.
Most EE drivers have satellite TV in their cabs to catch up on X Factor in Monriostan.

Leave em alone , they have to park all weekend every weekend somewhere.
Besides , it makes it easier for DVSA (VOSA) to find them if they congregate in the altogether - whether it be Toddington /NP /Rothesthorpe/ W-Gap / LFE / Castle Donnington or Corley / or any other Service area. :unamused: .
Where else can a person have a food party- get rat faced, ■■■■ and shoyt in the bushes and drop off extra passengers on the way through :unamused:
Youd never fit all the Euro block brigade in one big layby anyway, theyre reserved for the little puddle jumper sleeper pod 3.5 tonners.
Its no different to English / Irish (ro) & Scots weekending in Euroland is it really . . As for the geezer who said no-one has the foggiest idea of how many are over here , well, they had to come through a Port / Customs somewhere to enter the UK, so hazard a guess there are bean counters who do know - they just dont care, like many others.