Newbie to tramping , hours question

Ok guys been driving cat c mostly on days for a couple of years , so easy to keep legal with regard to drivers hours / rest etc .
Did my c&e with pstt in feb and have changed employer now. , had a week of pure hell , lasted a week , then landed a job with a decent firm straight away .
Anyway back to my question been workin for the new employer this week with the following hours :

Mon 4.45pm - 1.45 am - 5.45 hours drive 12.15 hrs off
Tue 2pm - 2am - 8.30 hrs drive. 12 hrs off
Wed 2pm -3am. - 8.30 hrs drive. 13.15 hrs off
Thursday 4.15 pm - 1.45 am - 8 .30 hrs drive

Friday off

Saturday 4.45 am - 19.45 pm. - 9.30 hrs drive 10 hrs off
Sunday. 5.45 am - 7.30 am 1.15 hrs drive
Anyway the boss says I can have 24 hrs off and be good to go Monday but compensate later on or something , what’s confused it for me was having the Friday off .

I’ve just printed off the regs off the vosa site but the weekly rest thing takes a bit of understanding with compensation etc :blush:

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers mike

What were your hours before the Monday?

The way I see it from what you have listed, the Friday off could be counted as a reduced weekly rest so therefore you could work Sat through to Thurs and then take a full weekly rest.

If you had a regular 45 weekly rest ending on Monday at 4.45pm which was assigned to the week before then Friday would be a reduced weekly rest for the week you posted

The next regular weekly rest must start no later than Friday 4.45am but if another reduced weekly rest is taken now then that regular weekly rest could be started later but not after 2359 next sunday

Cheers guys , truckbling the weekend before the Monday I had a full weekly rest over 45 hours …
Still somewhat confused :blush:

The hours rules regarding weekly rest and exactly when you could work can be very confusing.

Given that you had a full 45 hours before the Monday I would take the Friday that you had off as a reduced weekly rest. This means that you can work 6 shifts from then after which you will need to take another 45 hours rest to reset everything.

Truckbling:
The hours rules regarding weekly rest and exactly when you could work can be very confusing.

Given that you had a full 45 hours before the Monday I would take the Friday that you had off as a reduced weekly rest. This means that you can work 6 shifts from then after which you will need to take another 45 hours rest to reset everything.

The number of shifts is not a factor but the 6x24 hours (144 hours) is so I assume you meant that?

ROG:

Truckbling:

The number of shifts is not a factor but the 6x24 hours (144 hours) is so I assume you meant that?

I work in shifts Rog, not 24 hour periods. you know what I mean you pedant.

Mikey D:
Ok guys been driving cat c mostly on days for a couple of years , so easy to keep legal with regard to drivers hours / rest etc .
Did my c&e with pstt in feb and have changed employer now. , had a week of pure hell , lasted a week , then landed a job with a decent firm straight away .
Anyway back to my question been workin for the new employer this week with the following hours :

Mon 4.45pm - 1.45 am - 5.45 hours drive 12.15 hrs off
Tue 2pm - 2am - 8.30 hrs drive. 12 hrs off
Wed 2pm -3am. - 8.30 hrs drive. 13.15 hrs off
Thursday 4.15 pm - 1.45 am - 8 .30 hrs drive

Friday off

Saturday 4.45 am - 19.45 pm. - 9.30 hrs drive 10 hrs off
Sunday. 5.45 am - 7.30 am 1.15 hrs drive
Anyway the boss says I can have 24 hrs off and be good to go Monday but compensate later on or something , what’s confused it for me was having the Friday off .

I’ve just printed off the regs off the vosa site but the weekly rest thing takes a bit of understanding with compensation etc :blush:

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers mike

When you say “the boss says I can have 24 hrs off and be good to go Monday” I assume you mean have 24 hours off on Sunday and start again sometime after 07:30 Monday ?

As you’ve said you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before starting on Monday of last week at 16:45 I’ll play safe and assume that it counted for the previous week, so you’ve legally had a reduced weekly rest period on Friday which counted for last week.

From Sunday to Monday at 07:30 is another reduced weekly rest period but only taken so you can start a new set of six 24 hour periods, so you will only need to compensate for one of the reduced weekly rest periods.

You can now work from 07:30 or later on Monday to 07:30 (or whatever time you started on Monday) to the same time on Sunday when you will need to start a regular 45 hour weekly rest period.

It is possible that you could have another reduced weekly rest period next weekend, but that can get really complicated, so if possible try to start a 45 hour weekly rest period no later then 07:30 Sunday.

You will need to have paid back the compensation for one of the reduced weekly rest periods by midnight on Sunday 28th July.

Sorry I never saw your post earlier :wink:

Thanks gents , all clarified now :wink:

Cheers mike