Newbie in cornwall

Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d introduce myself, having already posted on the “where are all the new drivers” thread. I’m currently driving 7.5t for an agency at the moment and am taking my class 2 in two weeks. (already done theory)

2 quick questions

1. Has anyone had any experience of qualitas training in Essex? I know there have been postings about clearstone and sterling but I have seen nothing about qualitas

2. Does anyone know of anyone in west Cornwall who would be prepared to give a newbie a start? Someone on the other thread suggested asking “Cornish Trucker”

This is a fantastic site from what I have already seen of it and with any luck I should be starting the new career very soon

Stuart

:slight_smile: Hi sniper, Welcome to TruckNet,

sorry I can’t help you with your questions, hopefully someone else with more local knowledge in the areas concerned will read this post and reply !

Good Luck for your future training course. :sunglasses:

hiya sniper welcome to truck net hope you find what you are looking for and good luck with the training :smiley:

Welcome to TruckNet sniper and
enjoy your training and good look :slight_smile: .

Hello Sniper & welcome.
Sorry I can’t help with the questions.

I’m afraid I can’t help with the companies you mentioned, but www.lorrydrivertraining.co.uk (on the Cornwall side of Exeter) certainly get my recommendation. I passed both C and C+E first time with them.

welcome to trucknet sniper,i think cornish trucker being a local lad would be the best plan of action for you. also start putting the feeders out phone companies up and get your name on their file and also give some a personal visit.good luck :wink:

Sniper, it was me who mentioned Cornish Trucker,you could PM him for info simply by going to the memberlist, find his username,click on it which will bring up his profile. Then click on the PM link and go from there. :smiley:

Dear Newby,
I live in Cornwall, nr Padstow. I notice the Cornish Guardian has an advert for 7.5 ton drivers and class 2 drivers, could work your way up! The company is called South West Delivery Service, Callywith Ind. Est. Bodmin, they deliver funiture. They also Trunk Class1 to Bristol, another chance to move up later. Never worked for them myself but the kit looks good. Good luck!

thanks for the welcome everyone

I hope I have managed to pm cornish trucker, dan, still learning how to use this computer

Also thanks for the info on south west delivery service,montydog, last time I looked (B4 agency got me work) it appeared they had no vacancies. I’ll look into that.

just counting the days now till training time

You could try Westfield Transport. They are in Truro. Don’t have any info 'fraid.

Lucy, do you mind putting Sniper out of his misery, or were you in a different neck of the woods? Had a load of wine by now :laughing: . Can’t remeber, but just twigged :unamused: .

Dan:
You could try Westfield Transport. They are in Truro. Don’t have any info 'fraid.

Thanks dan, I am looking into that one, they run some decent kit as well, all scanny’s. Mostly artics though but do run some class 2s as well.

Not sure what the’re like now but they used to be fussy about experience (one newspaper ad stipulated “2 years experience in the last 3 years”

Will give it a go though