Newbie has some questions that would like to be answered

Seatbelt extensions are legal and acceptable - I know - had to use one for a very large trainee.
Company bought regulation ones from a site on the internet.
I think it was the Mothercare site as they are used for pregnant women - well, using them for pregnant men would be something that the Guiness book of records might be interested in !!!

Thanks guys for all your info

C-Kay:
You also get to ■■■■ in a pot :smiley:

That’s to check if you are ok to do nights out. :wink:

Harry Monk:

C-Kay:
You also get to ■■■■ in a pot :smiley:

That’s to check if you are ok to do nights out. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: kin quality HM

It’s just to make sure you can see ok, you’re ■■■■ has the right ingredients and that you’re not a junkie ■■■■-head :slight_smile:

Actually, lest anyone be concerned about their recreational habits, the urine test is to detect diabetes and diabetes only.

Wheel Nut:

C-Kay:

dieseldave:

Colin in Sweden:
The bit I did not like on the medical is when they put a cottonbud down your old man hurts like hell :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hi Colin, Did you take your medical in Sweden??

:open_mouth: I’ve never had that done on the two medicals I’ve had to take. (45y and 50y.)

Jesus, they didn’t do that for my medical :laughing:

The only time i’ve had that when i had a ‘full MOT’, shall we say…

and yes, it’s not nice :laughing:

That sounds more like a DNA swab!

DAD :laughing:

Are you sure it wasn’t a dose test you were going for? Not that I’d know…

just a simple question for y’all, do they actually drug test drivers over in the UK, in the US they do random drug test to every single driver plus you have to take a drug test to be able to get hired…

i wont have to worry about passing mine since i haven’t done any drugs in over 10 years :smiley:

YANKTRUCKERINUK:
do they actually drug test drivers over in the UK

Only if they suspect that a driver is under the influence of such but it is not done as a matter of routine.

Some very large companies may do random drug tests but that would be company policy and not law - the drivers would agree to such at job interview.

ROG:

YANKTRUCKERINUK:
do they actually drug test drivers over in the UK

Only if they suspect that a driver is under the influence of such but it is not done as a matter of routine.

Some very large companies may do random drug tests but that would be company policy and not law - the drivers would agree to such at job interview.

wow that is crazy to think that it is not the law here in the UK to drug test any drivers, the reason they do it in the US is because you are driving a monster of a vehicle that weights more than 80,000 lbs and if under the influence of any drugs could be a very nasty weapon going 60 to 70 mph down the interstate or motorway as we call it here in the UK, personally i would like to think that if anyone is smart enough to have a class 1 licence they will be mature enough to not do any drugs

YANKTRUCKERINUK:
if under the influence of any drugs could be a very nasty weapon going 60 to 70 mph down the interstate or motorway as we call it here in the UK,

Or 56mph as we call it here in the UK :wink:

Warren T. Claim:

Wheel Nut:

C-Kay:

dieseldave:

Colin in Sweden:
The bit I did not like on the medical is when they put a cottonbud down your old man hurts like hell :open_mouth: :laughing:

Hi Colin, Did you take your medical in Sweden??

:open_mouth: I’ve never had that done on the two medicals I’ve had to take. (45y and 50y.)

Jesus, they didn’t do that for my medical :laughing:

The only time i’ve had that when i had a ‘full MOT’, shall we say…

and yes, it’s not nice :laughing:

That sounds more like a DNA swab!

DAD :laughing:

Are you sure it wasn’t a dose test you were going for? Not that I’d know…

That was when i thought it would be a goood idea to get myself tested for STD’s. Thankfully i was clean, but i’ve strapped up properly ever since, i dont want to go through that ever again :laughing:

Know what you mean, I had AIDS once, wouldn’t ever want to get it again :wink: