New wiring loom on fh13

It looks like I shall have to pay for a new wiring loom on my 56 plate fh.
The wiring has burned out under the driver side footwell and the truck is FUBAR.
SO I wait untill tomorrow to find out.
crossroads truck and bus hav said the wires have melted to buggery,water ingress is being blamed.
So, has anyone experienced this, am I right to think that it is unacceptable for a 56 plate truck to need a new wiring loom.

As a DAF master tech, i have changed 15+ engine harnesses, all stems from cheap wiring.

The_DAF_Man:
As a DAF master tech, i have changed 15+ engine harnesses, all stems from cheap wiring.

Right!
thats funny,my last truck was a 95xf a really first class truck,and not for the first time i’m thinking i wish i still ran a daf. whatever!!!

Can the loom not be repaired?

for some reason the version 2 volvos have a habit of it, i have had to change 2 all on version 2

Version 2’s have terrible wiring I’ve got an 06 which has had issues with side lights its a LHD & the wiring sheeth under the passenger side was full of water & a few wires where rotting away, my mates got a 55 & he’s having problems on the passenger side of his too.

Fly sheet

Damned unreasonable roadranger. It’s not like a clutch plate or brake pads is it. you can ‘reasonably expect’ a wiring loom to last the life span of the truck. It would be pretty tough luck had it been a moving part, camshaft etc, but a wiring loom, nah, I’d expect a bit of help from Volvo on that one.
There is obviously a known issue with them.

I would have thought Volvo had a case to answer there, any idea if there is any history of anyone sucessfully getting Volvo to rectify the issue■■?

The conclusion to this little story is the truck was repaired without the need for a new loom.
To be fair, the repairer had the truck for four days(Inc the weekend) charged me 14 hours, I’m sure more than 14 hours was done, so Inc parts the bill will be just over £1000.
Weirdly the thing that winds me up about this is the state of the interior after they had finished.
Oily footprints on the carpet that covers the cenral floor section.
Unbelievable.
I like my Volvo,but then again I really liked my daf, but which is the best?
Theirs only one way to find out.FIGHT.

ive allways run volvo 8 wheel tippers ,the version 1 was a great truck couple of wiring issues on rear which you would expect being a tipper but no other problems with wiring we had that truck from new and sold her in 2009 and still drove like new,in 2002 we added a version 2 volvo we added 3 other version 2 s all but 1 suffered wiring problems due to the fact that we were informed volvo were using recycled wiring on the newer trucks so the problem have been around since version 2 came out but dont expect volvo to hold thier hands up regards martyn.

I run plenty of FH version1 and 2’s and have never had any wiring problems other than the odd broken marker lamp wire inside a conduit. The only look problem I’ve had on the v2’s is the headlamp look getting water in and corroding. Certainly no internal wiring problems.

ROADRANGER:
The conclusion to this little story is the truck was repaired without the need for a new loom.
To be fair, the repairer had the truck for four days(Inc the weekend) charged me 14 hours, I’m sure more than 14 hours was done, so Inc parts the bill will be just over £1000.
Weirdly the thing that winds me up about this is the state of the interior after they had finished.
Oily footprints on the carpet that covers the cenral floor section.
Unbelievable.
I like my Volvo,but then again I really liked my daf, but which is the best?
Theirs only one way to find out.FIGHT.

Iain i can tell you which is the best :grimacing: SCANIA V8 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You suprise me Daz.
I would of thought you might of said that of an E.R.F!!!