new job

Just a little tale to cheer new drivers up just started a new job at a hsulage comp in warrington had licence for 3 years but very little experience so mon night came not driven since october so go chorley and pick work up to take to docks ok. heres your truck renault so where the controls never driven one oh of course behind the seering wheel so figured that out with some help from another driver goes to chorley picks up work so far so good gets lost on way to docks end up in middle of a town center eventuly gets out of there find my way get to docks which company do i book in with after 15mins of trying to find my sorts that out next drop my trailer pick another up for people who havnt been about 12 lanes with 50 trailers in each lane half hour later finds it get back to the yard pick another trailer same again this time totally miss the pin because the units too low something i wont do again luckly no damage paperwork from the work i picked up should have been left with the trailer something lse ive learnt and on top of that i had the trots because of nerves so the moral of this story is if i can do it anyone can and just for the record the next few days went without a hitch because i was shown properly and im still working for them so to all you newbies out there keep at it

LOL Nice one Scally :smiley: yea First days always the worst eh lol nearly everydays a first day for me Agency driver so most days a different company and different Truck :open_mouth:

Yer worked for agency myself just odd days here and there but when its your bread and butter puts you under more pressure somehow.

congratulations on the new job scally

first days are always a steep learning curve but as you have seen it gets easier day by day , enjoy your new job

Jen x

Yer thanks starting to relax now 2nd week in enjoying it more hope things r ok with yourself have you done any class1 work since passing your test.

Yer getting better 2nd week in now so starting to relax more and im enjoying it. still feels strange on nights when ive worked days for years.hope your all ok hows your class 1 work going jennie i find them easier to drive dont ask me how just prefer them to rigids.

not had a chance yet mate with class 1 and due to agency not being priority with the company i usually drive for any more as they have been told they have to use another agency first my class 2 work gone down too only had 1 day in last 2 weeks :cry: gotta mate who owner driver gonna try and get a day out with him soon and company I usually work for are looking into the insurance criteria so that may be able to go out with the reg artic driver and drive whilst he takes it easy for day but not heard anything as of yet , they not sure if will be insured as obviously wont be able to be payed it will just be a bit of experience

glad its all going well for you and your enjoying it

all the best

Jen x