NEW JOB!

Morning everybody,

So after what has been a roller coaster week starting with an assessment drive for a local tipper firm on Monday who didn’t even bother getting back in touch with me. To then considering leaving my full time job for agency work, I’m ecstatic to say that I’ve managed to find myself a full time job!

Not before spending the last 3 days knocking on doors though.

I went for an interview yesterday for a small family run business in Widnes who have 15 wagons, one 18 tonner, a few vans then the rest are scania curtain side an tanker artics.

after a chat with the owner and a quick tour of the yard, he told me he would be in touch to let me know what decision they had made, then to my surprise this morning I recieved a phone call saying they are willing to offer me a job!

I start a 4 day ADR course on Monday in Appleton thorn. They have also said they will be putting me through my C+E as well.

I’m in total shock and honestly can’t believe how lucky I am.

So my advice for anyone else just staring off like me, is DO NOT give up! Be persistent and keep knocking on doors, try to speak to owners/ transport managers, let them know that what you may lack in experience, you will more than make up for in hard work, determination and willingness to learn!

So I guess this is where the hard work really starts.

I’ll be sure to keep everybody updated :smiley:

Congrats fella!

sinclair89:
Congrats fella!

Cheers mate, can’t believe it!

Well done Paul, wot a difference a week makes lol! All the hard work pays off when you get that phone call :wink:

It does indeed mate! Thanks a lot

I’ll be sure to keep everybody updated :smiley:
[/quote]
Yeah let us know how u get on, it’s always good to hear other people’s stories

Nice one mate :sunglasses:

Great news adr aswell that’s good going.

Well Done mate, hard work does pay off!! :smiley:

Thanks everyone.

Great news for Paul. Keep plugging away guys-there are jobs and starts for newbies,it just requires patience and determination.

Those who want it enough do okay.

eagerbeaver:
Great news for Paul. Keep plugging away guys-there are jobs and starts for newbies,it just requires patience and determination.

Those who want it enough do okay.

I’ll second that!

Looks like you really did strike lucky. Did you think about buying a lottery ticket as well?

Radar19:
Looks like you really did strike lucky. Did you think about buying a lottery ticket as well?

Haha maybe I should.

Well done, brilliant news, enjoy your new job :smiley:

That’s a good end to the week - well done. Just brings home the point that I bang on about all the time: go knocking on doors. Nothing else works as well as face to face communication.

Enjoy the learning curve!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

well done mate sounds like youve really landed on your feet with this place

keep us posted when ya actually get started.

deltawing:
well done mate sounds like youve really landed on your feet with this place

keep us posted when ya actually get started.

I will do.

I’m on ADR until Thursday so won’t no when I’ll be starting my first shift until after this!

Enjoy the first day. Post a pic of your truck when you start driving it.

Congratulations mate. :smiley: