New job at Stobarts!

good luck never knew they had depot in bridgewater that may explain why i seen stobart trucks goin throu salisbury other night maybe

Good news well done it is a brilliant firm.

EDDIE STOBART FAN:
Good news well done it is a brilliant firm.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Seriously though congrats on the job! In this current climate you’re lucky to find a job anywhere :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

peewee:
good luck never knew they had depot in bridgewater that may explain why i seen stobart trucks goin throu salisbury other night maybe

I saw one of Stobarts in Salisbury a couple of weeks ago, He seemed to be delivering a railway bridge to Wilton!

Funny enough I saw one of stobarts today pulling a low loader :confused: :confused: And what makes it even stranger is that it was an actros pulling it in their colours. I didn’t know that they had any mercs other than the racing team :confused: Certainly sounded the part though!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

shugg:
Bogieman, are there any real hauliers left ? .

very few shugg and not many real drivers to boot all fairy truckers with frilly curtains and butch big light bars pretending not to be gay :wink:

Derf:

peewee:

I saw one of Stobarts in Salisbury a couple of weeks ago, He seemed to be delivering a railway bridge to Wilton!

no doubt that will get hit pretty soon saw one on wilton road one in brunel road by hayballs motorcycles and one outside my workplace and the driver looked grumpy

Cheers guys :smiley: :smiley: And to the Mole Valley boys i’ll look out for you and definately give you a flash :wink:

Beef:
Just landed a new job as a casual driver with Stobarts at their Bridgwater depot (Gerber Juice). Got my 2 day induction at Widnes on 28th, 29th Nov, then i’ll be hitting the road :smiley: Cant wait to get started :exclamation:

Cue all the Stobart haters :grimacing:

not so sure your doing the right thing here :exclamation: ,i had a new casual driver with me a month/two ago,he wanted 3 days[30 hrs p.w],in the end he was doing 4 days to get his 30 hrs in,came to see me a week or so ago and said all he was getting in was 1 day a week now,having to beg them to get 2 days in,then when he got there they said there was nothing for him to do,if you need.i was also told a few went the casual route hoping it would lead to full time employment,doesnt seem to be happening,if your going casual for a bit of pocket money,experiance then fair enough,but if your counting on getting 3/4/5 days a week to pay the bills,im not so sure.
knew a lad who did it for years,always in every weekend,ive not seen him for a month or two

ady1:

Beef:
Just landed a new job as a casual driver with Stobarts at their Bridgwater depot (Gerber Juice). Got my 2 day induction at Widnes on 28th, 29th Nov, then i’ll be hitting the road :smiley: Cant wait to get started :exclamation:

not so sure your doing the right thing here :exclamation: ,i had a new casual driver with me a month/two ago,he wanted 3 days[30 hrs p.w],in the end he was doing 4 days to get his 30 hrs in,came to see me a week or so ago and said all he was getting in was 1 day a week now,having to beg them to get 2 days in,then when he got there they said there was nothing for him to do,if you need.i was also told a few went the casual route hoping it would lead to full time employment,doesnt seem to be happening,if your going casual for a bit of pocket money,experiance then fair enough,but if your counting on getting 3/4/5 days a week to pay the bills,im not so sure.
knew a lad who did it for years,always in every weekend,ive not seen him for a month or two

Sounds to me like this lad will be spot on for you Ady when you have your rest day’s after becoming a “big time” ESL “O/D” now you would really be able to sweat your ( eddie owned) asset.Go that bit further and run the motor on nights as well,I’m sure you’d be able to get a casual night man !! The worlds your Oyster go on get stuck in,if you operate properly the motor will never be cold,maybe help if you had a "planner or two in your “arse pocket” they were called traffic managers in my day and were much more efficient than “planners” but never mind,no ones perfect nowadays !! Oh! and might I suggest that you could probably gain extra “brownies” by inviting the “chuckle brothers” to your “firms” Christmas “do”,thats if you can manage to park the motor up for a couple days before Christmas.Cheers Bewick.

Ady don’t tell me you’ve fallen for the so called owner driver …ya mad if you have …if them wagons were earning that much profit they wouldn’t be offering them…must have more money than sense … Our just pure bred stupidness…wouldn’t trust them as far as ya could throw them at the moment

Bewick:

ady1:

Beef:

Sounds to me like this lad will be spot on for you Ady when you have your rest day’s after becoming a “big time” ESL “O/D” now you would really be able to sweat your ( eddie owned) asset.Go that bit further and run the motor on nights as well,I’m sure you’d be able to get a casual night man !! The worlds your Oyster go on get stuck in,if you operate properly the motor will never be cold,maybe help if you had a "planner or two in your “arse pocket” they were called traffic managers in my day and were much more efficient than “planners” but never mind,no ones perfect nowadays !! Oh! and might I suggest that you could probably gain extra “brownies” by inviting the “chuckle brothers” to your “firms” Christmas “do”,thats if you can manage to park the motor up for a couple days before Christmas.Cheers Bewick.
yes i got the jist of your opinions on stobarts/stobart o.d schemes and me first time,you really dont need to repeat it to me hundreds of times over.thanks

stvme2519:
Ady don’t tell me you’ve fallen for the so called owner driver …ya mad if you have …if them wagons were earning that much profit they wouldn’t be offering them…must have more money than sense … Our just pure bred stupidness…wouldn’t trust them as far as ya could throw them at the moment

[what this thread has got to do with o/d at stobarts is beyond me],but dont worry styme,if it all goes ■■■■ up i can put the g.f on the streets,send my girl home to the ex,and ill just find a nice quite layby and gas myself,i really wont be a burden on you tax payers,but thanks for the advice,noted down

ady1:

stvme2519:

[what this thread has got to do with o/d at stobarts is beyond me],but dont worry styme,if it all goes ■■■■ up i can put the g.f on the streets,send my girl home to the ex,and ill just find a nice quite layby and gas myself,i really wont be a burden on you tax payers,but thanks for the advice,noted down

I believe this is the ideal thread to have a “crack” about the ESL “get rich quick scheme for mug drivers”,and it has the right title as well !! Well all thats happening Ady is that you’ll be exchanging one job at “fast eddies” for one that is a lot harder ( and most certainly will be) the only difference being is you will doing it for a lot less money,if that is possible !!Keep your hands over your ears Ady and the “advice” may go away !! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

ady1:

stvme2519:

I believe this is the ideal thread to have a “crack” about the ESL “get rich quick scheme for mug drivers”,and it has the right title as well !! Well all thats happening Ady is that you’ll be exchanging one job at “fast eddies” for one that is a lot harder ( and most certainly will be) the only difference being is you will doing it for a lot less money,if that is possible !!Keep your hands over your ears Ady and the “advice” may go away !! Cheers Bewick.

i dont,its about stobart casual work,it has nothing to do with stobart o/d,and your just reapeting what youve said many times,you think its a load of crap,which is fair enough its your opinion,but you really dont have to keep repeating your opinion 100,s of times over for my benifit,I UNDERSTOOD YOUR THOUGHTS 1ST TIME[im not hard of hearing]

ady1:

Bewick:

ady1:

stvme2519:

i dont,its about stobart casual work,it has nothing to do with stobart o/d,and your just reapeting what youve said many times,you think its a load of crap,which is fair enough its your opinion,but you really dont have to keep repeating your opinion 100,s of times over for my benifit,I UNDERSTOOD YOUR THOUGHTS 1ST TIME[im not hard of hearing]

Beep ! Beep! :blush: :laughing:

ady1:

Beef:

just doin it for the pocket money mate so no worries

i worked casual for them,best job i never had do miss working for them :unamused: good luck

congrats. its a JOB at the end of the day.
i started casual with them, wish i still was tbh. you choose when you want to work and if you crack on and do it their way, they will always find you some work, however quiet it might be. they tend to use casuals before agency.
i worked thurs to sunday casual most weeks, was nice doing 4 nights.
Take your time, do it all properly and you wont get (much) hassle from them.
best of luck with it.