New job and digi tacho

I’m starting a new job soon, can the new company get my digi history online or wherever? My old company said they can’t but surely its all on a system somewhere.

I have a few minors here and there, nothing major.

I am due a new card next week so will it have my history on the new card or will it be blank? And again can the new place find my history?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes and no! If they download your current card they will be able to see all the information currently stored on it, depending on what type of work you’ve been doing there may be over a years worth of data on it. Your new card will be just that- new, therefore there will be no data at all on it. Make sure you carry your old card with you for a minimum of 28 days after receiving your new one.

I don’t think your new Company will be particularly bothered about old infringements that occurred whilst employed by someone else.

Biglew74:
I’m starting a new job soon, can the new company get my digi history online or wherever? My old company said they can’t but surely its all on a system somewhere.

I am due a new card next week so will it have my history on the new card or will it be blank? And again can the new place find my history?

Clearly more than “just a few minors here and there” given how worried you appear. Perhaps instead of being worried about your new employer finding out you can’t actually do the job you should learn how to do the job properly from now on?

Your new card will be blank, you’re required to keep your old card with you for the first 28 days you use your old card. Your new employer’s software will be downloading data from the time you were driving for your old employer when you do your first download of your current card with them.

Biglew74:

If it’s just a few minor infringements I wouldn’t worry about it no-one is likely to care about anything that’s not too frequent or too serious.

Apart from having your details on it (name, card number ec’t) a new driver card is blank and contains no driving records.

When your new employer downloads your old driver card they will see any infringements on it unless you’re getting a new card so the old one can be lost :slight_smile:, your old driver card is likely to hold a few months records, it varies a lot but generally a driver card will have between nine to twelve months records on it,

There is no master system that contains all of your driving history if that’s what you’re concerned about.

Surely if he downloads card on his last day. The data is on there system and his card is wiped clean? As the data is on there system.

edd1974:
Surely if he downloads card on his last day. The data is on there system and his card is wiped clean? As the data is on there system.

The cards not “wiped clean” mate. The data remains on it and is effectively written over from the oldest date when the time comes.

Castillidie:

edd1974:

The cards not “wiped clean” mate. The data remains on it and is effectively written over from the oldest date when the time comes.

This ^^^

Driver cards are not wiped clean when they’re downloaded, the data is copied to the download/analysis software and remains on the driver card.

When the memory chip on the driver card is full, which varies from driver to driver but generally takes 9 to 12 months, the data is sequentially overwritten starting with the oldest driver records.