New Asda site Grangemouth

Hi there , I understand that Asda have permission to build a new site at Grangemouth.
as a result of this I am told they are apparently looking for over 100 drivers.

Does anyone know how to apply for these jobs?

asda.jobs/

or is that too obvious :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wrong! (and a wee bit rude - if you check their site you’ll see it’s not obvious at all)

Unless things have changed very recently, Asda in Grangemouth employ their drivers solely through agency - they’ve done that for many years now.

They used an agency in ■■■■■■■■■■■ for a long time, and they may still use them. I can’t remember off the top of my head what the exact name of the agency was but it was a name like YBL?

If you phone them direct they’ll tell you.

glencarron:
Hi there , I understand that Asda have permission to build a new site at Grangemouth.

Well if they’ve just had permission to build then time it gets started and built you’re looking at about a year away till they open and probably 8_9 months till they look at recruiting.

chaversdad:
http://www.asda.jobs/

or is that too obvious :wink:

try looking for truck driving jobs on that.

There is a giant warehouse jnt 4 on the M8 next to kuehne nagel that has lay empty ever since it was built, i wonder who they built this for? Why doesn’t your asda just move in here, it is massive btw!

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it was a just a bit of a laugh
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: no?

i thought every one knew most asda drivers where agency

chaversdad:
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: no?

Sorry mate I honestly did not know this

you wouldnt tbh, asda kit them out in ASDA hi viz etc so to joe public they look like an employed asda driver
they do have a core of employed drivers but with the agency they can take more on at xmas etc then let them go in january with no redundancy worries and the like

chaversdad:

There not at Washington anyway

some of them are mate, i,m in there 4 times a day 5 days a week

ANDY1961:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Wrong! (and a wee bit rude - if you check their site you’ll see it’s not obvious at all)

Unless things have changed very recently, Asda in Grangemouth employ their drivers solely through agency - they’ve done that for many years now.

They used an agency in ■■■■■■■■■■■ for a long time, and they may still use them. I can’t remember off the top of my head what the exact name of the agency was but it was a name like YBL?

If you phone them direct they’ll tell you.

All drivers at Grangemouth depot are employed by Asda,the agency is used when it is busy

[/quote]
Well if they’ve just had permission to build then time it gets started and built you’re looking at about a year away till they open and probably 8_9 months till they look at recruiting.
[/quote]
Work started last month depot to open August/September 2012

glencarron:

I think it will be 100 warehouse workers not drivers they will need

To apply simply pm me your cv and £10 admin fee and I’ll sort things out ( nudge nudge wink wink) :wink:

chaversdad:

Mmm ok i believe you

Where exactly is the new one? I heard it was on the other side of the motorway?

stagedriver:
Where exactly is the new one? I heard it was on the other side of the motorway?

Correct mate other side of M9 in the old ICI social club site

merc0447:
There is a giant warehouse jnt 4 on the M8 next to kuehne nagel that has lay empty ever since it was built, i wonder who they built this for? Why doesn’t your asda just move in here, it is massive btw!

Probably because they get a lot of stuff brought up by rail which is two minutes from the current/proposed RDC’s. I’d heard there was loads of room for expansion at Grangemouth and Falkirk(ambient) to expand the current sites?

Talking about ASDA ambient has anyone heard that Southbar Transport from Inchinnan are packing-in?

No way southbar are going. They are on the whiskey runs.

Hmm if it’s getting moved right at the terminal possibly have their own track running into the depot?..