My diary for the week

Hi all, this is my 1st time doing this so please bear with me, there are no pics this time but will try and get some sorted for the next one!!

Monday-started at 4am, got into the yard and found my wagon, an 08 reg Magnum, got all the gear inside and then did the checks, happy everything was ok and set off for Northhampton for my 1st drop, found it a bit strange driving a fully automatic wagon and kept going for the clutch, soon stoped it tho, got to Northampton for 8am and tipped there. 2nd drop was in Kent so headed over to the M11 and then round the M25 and over the bridge, got there about 12pm and then tipped at a cash and carry, had fun and games turning round, was a bit tight but managed to do it. 3rd drop was in Erith, which if im being honest was as far as I ever want to go into London in an artic, tipped at a little industrial estate and went on my merry way. Last drop of the day was at Tesco’s at Thurrock, what a place, managed to get there early and tipped within the hour :astonished: , ive been told this is good??

Tuesday-Headed back up to Hull to swap trailers, then I went to Morrisons at J41 and then onto Doncaster to tip, easy day really, then went back to Hull and loaded my trailer for Wedensday.

Wedensday-Had a tip at CO-OP at Coventry, left at 4am, got there just in time for my 7-45am tip, managed to avoid the dreaded bay number one, got tipped and headed back up North, stopped at Trowell for my break, sat there reading my paper and an Austrain driver pulled up and jumped out and starting shouting “police, police” and pointing at the back of his trailer. I dialled 999 and then heard thumping!! the police turned up and then opened the back of the trailer and a rather sheepish looking chap jumped out of the back!! I went to the loo and came back and saw the police had the lorry driver in cuffs!! turns out he had opened the back of the police car and smacked the illegal!! after all that i went back and reloaded for Tescos at goole, tipped that then parked up.

Thursday-Left at 4am, back to Hull, swap trailers and then upto Livingtstone and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ livingstone went ok, got to ■■■■■■■■■■■ co-op and they refused 9 pallets of coke as they were leaning, the only way the would accept them is if I restacked them, didnt want to but had to do it, 4 hours later and its all done!!

Friday-left ■■■■■■■■■■■ and went to Liverpool to reload and then back to Hull.

Sorry If i went on a bit but like I said its my 1st attempt at a diary!! :laughing: :laughing:

Nice little read that , see if you can get some pictures ,they make for better reading.
good effort tho :smiley:

Potter:
found it a bit strange driving a fully automatic wagon and kept going for the clutch, soon stoped it tho,

I drove an I shift for 2 years. I still look at my MAN with a manual box and wonder what is wrong with it when it slows down on a hill :stuck_out_tongue:

I went to the loo and came back and saw the police had the lorry driver in cuffs!! turns out he had opened the back of the police car and smacked the illegal!!

He probably looked in his trailer and saw the crap running down his pallets, should have got a medal rather than arrested

got to ■■■■■■■■■■■ co-op and they refused 9 pallets of coke as they were leaning, the only way the would accept them is if I restacked them, didnt want to but had to do it, 4 hours later and its all done!!

It has never happened to me, but I doubt I would be restacking them either. If they have fallen over they are not safe for transport. 2 choices, they come off or they go back.

Sorry If i went on a bit but like I said its my 1st attempt at a diary!! :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t apologise, it’s good, get a few pictures but don’t get into trouble with security stazi

Thanks for posting Potter, i enjoyed the diary, include some pics next time if you can, always more entertaining.

Just out of interest, what were the police going to do with the driver with the illegal in the back if he hadn’t thumped him. Were they just going to let him go?
I was always under the impression that drivers are always arrested as a matter of course…or is that just English drivers!

Thanks for sharing anyway,

Alex

Scarab:
Thanks for posting Potter, i enjoyed the diary, include some pics next time if you can, always more entertaining.

Just out of interest, what were the police going to do with the driver with the illegal in the back if he hadn’t thumped him. Were they just going to let him go?
I was always under the impression that drivers are always arrested as a matter of course…or is that just English drivers!

Thanks for sharing anyway,

Alex

They cannot arrest you in Trowell services for people smuggling, the confused immigrant may have got into the trailer in the UK :wink:

They had the illegal in handcuffs and they where all set to take him away, to be honest i think the driver wanted to let him out there and then,the problem is nobody knew how many where inside. The driver was more worried about the curtains being slashed because he kept hitting the side of the trailer!!

Wheel Nut:
They cannot arrest you in Trowell services for people smuggling, the confused immigrant may have got into the trailer in the UK :wink:

So for anyone running in from Europe worried about immigrants, the best thing to do is to stop as soon as possible once you’re in Blighty, and get out and have a wander and a loo stop. Then its perfectly plausible that they got in when you stopped and not the other side of the channel?

Potter:
…I went to the loo and came back and saw the police had the lorry driver in cuffs!! turns out he had opened the back of the police car and smacked the illegal!! …

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: PMSL!!

Dont blame him either…maybe plod had just told the driver that he was also being nicked and up for a £2000 fine for bringing the illegal into the country!!! :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: