My 1st week on class 1 done

hiya guys, well i have just finished my first week on class1 since i passed end of june.
i am doing containers based at whitwood wakefield.
after a couple of hours getting to know all about the skelly on mon morning i take the box to the wirral.
and yes i am enjoying it very much.
i am not going to do a diary, as it will take me too long. lol
but i have done tilbury, to liverpool, and immingam to the north east and all over yorks and lancs.
yes i found the box work hard to master, but i soon picked it up.
same as everything else, it will get easier as the days go on.
thanks.

Good stuff, Ive only done a few days on boxes but it did seem to be one of those jobs which is easy once you know how, like getting used to all the port and container depot procedures. I didnt mind it and could see myself on containers if owt happens with my current job.

Your first week of Class1 work!!. You seem to have gone to a fair variety of places. You have not said anything about any problems encountered en-route, or at the drops. You seem not to have broken anything.That looks to me like a very sussessful first week on Class1 work. :wink: :wink:

Congratulations greggy!. Now just take the care next week; And during all the following weeks;That you will have taken this week; And build on your success. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:wink: :wink:

Sounds like you have had a good week mate

Up the Villa eh Macca…? Have that badge tattoed on my leg…Awesome! :sunglasses:

Buycrider:
Pity about the “dairy”. :laughing: :laughing:

Why do a dairy, when he seems to have a ‘cream’ job, which is ‘eggsactly’ what he wanted. Hope he doesn’t get ‘cheesed’ off and manages to ‘milk’ it for what it’s worth.

TAXI…

Ken.

well done mate, sounds like a decent 1st week.
how you getting on, with trying to suss out how all the different docks work?
how have you found the boxes, have you had some nice heavy ones, that make the trailer creak and bang?
couple of handy tools on containers, 2 spider bungies, a hammer, bit of scaffold pole, and some wd40 :grimacing:

bigvern1:
…Have that badge tattoed on my leg…Awesome! :sunglasses:

Don’t worry bigvern, you can have it removed quite painlessly now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bigvern1:
Up the Villa eh Macca…? Have that badge tattoed on my leg…Awesome! :sunglasses:

Im working with a few Villans at the moment, they are behaving like they have lost their legs, ONeil is a ■■■■ plug, and, at 58, a very immature one at that.

He is full of ■■■■, and you lot seem to have fallen for it big time, looks like the Yank saw through the [zb] :blush: :blush: :blush:

Buycrider:
Your first week of Class1 work!!. You seem to have gone to a fair variety of places. You have not said anything about any problems encountered en-route, or at the drops. You seem not to have broken anything.That looks to me like a very sussessful first week on Class1 work. :wink: :wink:

Congratulations greggy!. Now just take the care next week; And during all the following weeks;That you will have taken this week; And build on your success. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Pity about the “dairy”. :laughing: :laughing:

thanks for the replies guys, sorry about the spelling ( edited it now :blush: )

i have not broken anything as yet, and not scraped owt either.
all the lads at the different ports are great and very helpful to say the least.
we are given loads of time to get to our destination, so no rushing about. :smiley:
the worst drop i went to was yesterday morn at basf in bradford, when he told me to go on the last bay.
but after a couple of shunts, i got it spot on. but forgot to lower the back down. so forward i went then lowered it and straight back.
15 mins to load then away i went.
i still cant get used to turning 360 in such small spaces, unlike a rigid.
next week i will do a diary.
i will post a pic of my truck in the other thread. thanks.