Mp3 player fm transmitter

well since it is my birthday today i bought myself an fm transmitter for my mp3 player (on Thursday) :smiley: it is really simple to use and sounds fine basically you tune your radio to an fm frequency that is not playing music and set the transmitter to that station in my case 87.7 it plugs into the cigarette lighter and works of 12 or 24 volt and at £12 from Halfords is good value for money

£12 from Halfords !!! you maniac, you can get them on e-bay for about £3 and £2 postage as long as its for anything other than an i-pod.

but they are worth it.

grousebeater

fmtrucker:
well since it is my birthday today

This was purely a ‘it’s my birthday want happy birthday messages’ post wasn’t it■■?

Well I’m happy to oblige:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Have a good one

They’re all right until you go into big cities and get swamped by all the pirate radio stations. Mine is virtually unusable in London.

tofer:
They’re all right until you go into big cities and get swamped by all the pirate radio stations. Mine is virtually unusable in London.

exactly, i cant use mine around leeds and bradfords areas. but out in the sticks they are very good.

While we’re on the subject does anyone know if or where i can get a device that converts my analogue radio to digital? Im an Absolute Radio listener and i hate having to turn it over to crackly medium wave or listen to radio 1 when i go out of signal range :frowning:

jessicas dad:

tofer:

exactly, i cant use mine around leeds and bradfords areas. but out in the sticks they are very good.

I had this problem in Italy where I could not get a signal anywhere. Solved the problem by taking the ariel off the truck, nice interferance free listening.

Grayham:
While we’re on the subject does anyone know if or where i can get a device that converts my analogue radio to digital? Im an Absolute Radio listener and i hate having to turn it over to crackly medium wave or listen to radio 1 when i go out of signal range :frowning:

I bought a Pure Highway. Fantastic gadget but be sure to spend an extra £20 for the mag mount external ariel. It has an fm transmitter in it so you can listen to it through your radio. One of the best gadgets I’ve ever bought for the truck. About £70

Just buy a memory stick! The new scanias have a usb socket. I download mp3s and audio books and its great-but then again,you adc drivers dont go far enough to listen to books… :wink:

joemaxi:
Just buy a memory stick! The new scanias have a usb socket. I download mp3s and audio books and its great-but then again,you adc drivers dont go far enough to listen to books… :wink:

Another vote for the memory stick! New Volvo’s have the USB socket too. Am downloading podcasts and audio book chapters now, ready for tomorrows shift :smiley:

Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday :smiley:

joemaxi:

I do plug my mp3 player into the new Scania’s i bought it for the car because i am too miserable to upgrade the sound system or buy a new car :smiley: it also beats carrying 200+ cds about :astonished: and having to change discs whilst i open my can of coke and eat my sandwiches and text the wife therefore making me less of a danger on the roads :laughing: :laughing:

I ‘aqquired’ a transmitter from my brother…before they became legal. :wink:
It had quite a high output, enough to swamp a car next to mine if it’s radio was tuned
in close enough. Was quite amusing watching someone fiddle with their radio wondering
why it was suddenly playing Motorhead, Iron Maiden, AC/DC etc …etc. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Using my old one in the taxi every car on the rank could tune in to what I was listening to.

Aldi have a car radio (12v) for £40 that takes USB memory stick, MP3 player or an SD memory card via a seperate slot. They aslo have a bluetooth version, but I use the USB socket to charge my headset on the cheaper one! I use 2 2Gb SD cards and that includes enough music to last a couple of weeks.