Moving to a vehicle with a digital tacho

Hi there. This is my first post on here so please be gentle with me!
I’m starting a new job on Monday using a vehicle with a digital tacho. For the past 14 months I’ve been using a vehicle with an analogue tacho.
My question is, do I still have to retain the old tachos for 28 days, and return them to my former employer in ‘dribs and drabs’, or can I return the whole 28 days worth to him in one hit, and carry on with just my digicard?
Hope someone can clarify this for me. Ta.

You are required to carry the last 28 days’ worth or charts with you. So sadly it’s a case of “dribs and drabs”. If the old employer has scanned/photocopied them, it may be that they will be happy to let you bring the originals in in one go at the end of the 28 day period, but otherwise you’ll have to go back in once a week.

You have to keep 28days worth to show. I would just take a weeks worth of charts after every week till the 28 days are up.Then post the whole lot back in the one go.But its up to you thats what a would do.

Keep 'em and then bin 'em. Forget your past employer existed, aslong as they don’t owe you money. :wink:

Just be careful with breaks, we had guys being caught out by pulling off as soon as the tacho clicked over to the 45th minute thinking that they’d had 45 minutes break,but some units were only registering 44 minutes. So I always have 46 or 47 just to be sure. We also have to pull the card out on break and put it back in on break,and make sure you do manual entries everyday to keep your working time up to scratch.

sortca:
Just be careful with breaks, we had guys being caught out by pulling off as soon as the tacho clicked over to the 45th minute thinking that they’d had 45 minutes break,but some units were only registering 44 minutes. So I always have 46 or 47 just to be sure. We also have to pull the card out on break and put it back in on break,and make sure you do manual entries everyday to keep your working time up to scratch.

That happens with analogues but with digis if it says 45 you’ve had 45.

sortca:
, we had guys being caught out by PULLING OFF as soon as the tacho clicked over to the 45th minute

:open_mouth: Was it our resident member Mr ‘Tachograph’ by any chance, we all know how ‘excited’ he gets over all things drivers hours related. :laughing:
Maybe it was a while since he had a manual entry. :smiley:

robroy:

sortca:
, we had guys being caught out by PULLING OFF as soon as the tacho clicked over to the 45th minute

:open_mouth: Was it our resident member Mr ‘Tachograph’ by any chance, we all know how ‘excited’ he gets over all things drivers hours related. :laughing:

I’ve never ever had that in all the years digitachos have been out either, what it shows on the tacho head, that’s what iv’e had, never had 15 recorded as 14 etc.
I think this happens when drivers use an external timer, like the did they did on paper discs to time their breaks, instead of using the tacho clock.

weeto:

robroy:

sortca:

I’ve never ever had that in all the years digitachos have been out either, what it shows on the tacho head, that’s what iv’e had, never had 15 recorded as 14 etc.
I think this happens when drivers use an external timer, like the did they did on paper discs to time their breaks, instead of using the tacho clock.

Or if they note the time on the main tacho display when they put it on Break (say, 11:15) and then move off as soon as soon as it reads 12:00.

robroy:

WOW how bitter and twisted are you Rob, you seem to be obsessed with the fact that I have a reasonable understanding of the regulations.

Is it because you’re too stupid to be able to understand them :unamused:

tachograph:

robroy:

WOW how bitter and twisted are you Rob, you seem to be obsessed with the fact that I have a reasonable understanding of the regulations.

Is it because you’re too stupid to be able to understand them :unamused:

:laughing:Obsessed with you? :laughing: no, let’s think now, I would say bemused bordering on amused. :smiley:
Stupid?.. bitter and twisted ? …No not really, but hey!.. that’s your opinion and you are fully entitled to it bud, …but at least I’ve got a sense of humour. :bulb: :wink:
Chuck me some of thst popcorn over monkeyman :smiley:

robroy:
Stupid?.. bitter and twisted ? …No not really, but hey!.. that’s your opinion and you are fully entitled to it bud

You got that bit right anyway, that is my opinion :unamused:

musicpug405:
Hi there. This is my first post on here so please be gentle with me!
I’m starting a new job on Monday using a vehicle with a digital tacho. For the past 14 months I’ve been using a vehicle with an analogue tacho.
My question is, do I still have to retain the old tachos for 28 days, and return them to my former employer in ‘dribs and drabs’, or can I return the whole 28 days worth to him in one hit, and carry on with just my digicard?
Hope someone can clarify this for me. Ta.

As has been said you need to keep the charts with you for 28 days.

Legally you have 42 days to hand in the charts, so you have plenty of time to keep them all and hand the lot in when they’re all over 28 days old.

tachograph:

robroy:
Stupid?.. bitter and twisted ? …No not really, but hey!.. that’s your opinion and you are fully entitled to it bud

Oooh! …wow! :laughing:
I really know how to push your buttons and get you rattled eh? :laughing: :laughing:
I aint going to trade insults mate, we will just have to agree to differ that it is quite bizzare for a truck driver to get a hard on when talking about all things driver hours, cpc, and wtd. as you clearly do.
So you just carry on, and I’ll sit here bitter and twisted, in sheer bliss in my stupidity. :wink: :sunglasses:

weeto:
[/quote]

Yes, we were regularly warned about that on roadside checks so always let it roll over another full minute! :blush:

Pete.

tachograph:

robroy:

Now now Tachograph. What would J F Kennedy say?

James the cat:

tachograph:

robroy:

Fight fight thats what he would say lol.

Colin_scottish:

James the cat:

tachograph:

robroy:

Fight fight thats what he would say lol.

Not according to Tachograph’s signature he wouldn’t :laughing: