Most reliable lorry you ever had

As we have a most unreliable thread I thought I’d start a most reliable one to run alongside it-
Im not as old as some (most) of you lot, but been around transport since I was a young child when my father was an owner driver.
To be be fair I can’t remember any of the lorries we owned ever failing to get home,these ranged from several Bedford KM and KH tractor units, Leyland Badger, a Scania 80 super, Ford Transcontinental and a Detroit powered Bedford TM ,all gave very good service what are your most reliable vehicles you have owned or driven?

More or less all of them luckily did their job.Often through some freezing cold night shifts where breaking down wouldn’t have been fun at all.Some of my favourite trucks also being the oldest.Also preferred Brit trucks to foreign in many cases.

I had a Foden 320 Gardner which people told me could cause problems. After the Renault 290 GT it was like a RR

1 Like

DAF2100. Never the fastest or greatest thing at 16.5T GVW, but never let me down in 500+K km.

AEC Marshall, 7.7 AEC engine, 5177WY. Double drive Hendrickson rear suspension. Super motor, I spent a lot of happy hours in that machine

I’ve never had problems with all the Volvo’s I’ve driven over the years, from the smaller FL6 and FM9 models to the FH mk II, III, IV and V.