More emoticons

Can we have more please? Lots more.

Compared to other forums/areas on the internet, the choice here is very limited.

I’m thinking like Rolling on the Floor Laughing, head scratching, bashing head against computer, etc. etc.

If you use Firefox try this

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/375

I don’t Denis, i use AOL’s own browser.

Driveroneuk:

I don’t Denis, i use AOL’s own browser.

Then try smiley.onegreatguy.net/ instead

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

that firefox add on is great

what does it do? Is it compatable with AOL?

Driveroneuk:

don’t think anything is compatible with AOL

Denis F:

Driveroneuk:

don’t think anything is compatible with AOL

In a word, NO.

Firefox is an Open Source browser, from Mozilla. It’s their stand alone browser.
Lots of people contribute to Open Source software making, in this case, small add-on tools for this web browser.
Firefox is a replacement for Internet Explorer. AOL installs its own, modified version, of Internet Explorer which is only compatible with the AOL ISP, as far as I know.

Relatively few people use AOL in this country. It’s rather “Nanny-ish” I understand, which is fine for some people, because I believe they have very good parental controls built in.
It’s also easy to install as an “all in one package”, but I also understand it’s rather resource hungry and difficult to completely remove from your system, if you should decide you want to.

Dennis F.

I have AOL broadband (basically because it was the best deal going with free wireless router when I applied in February) and I use the Firefox web browser.

My operating system is Linux Ubuntu and that comes pre-installed with the Firefox.

Basically no Microsoft or AOL products on my hard drive whatsoever and supprisingly no blue screen of death either :exclamation: :exclamation:

I do also have a smaller hard drive that I dual boot into for running some older games under Windows ME. This disk also runs Firefox over my AOL connection. I simply refuse to install the AOL software that came on the disc, as I have heard that it is a bugger to completely remove without Fdisking and starting from scratch.

Ian.

ianf6512:
Dennis F.

I do also have a smaller hard drive that I dual boot into for running some older games under Windows ME. This disk also runs Firefox over my AOL connection. I simply refuse to install the AOL software that came on the disc, as I have heard that it is a bugger to completely remove without Fdisking and starting from scratch.

Ian.

that sounds a good way of doing it ( too technical for me though :wink: )

it’s the AOL software that needs avoiding , like you say once you’ve got it you can’t get rid of it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: