More Bridge Bashing

A lorry dramatically crashed into a low bridge in Nuneaton, Warwickshire after travelling ‘at a reckless speed’
Due to both the dangerous driving and misjudging the height of the bridge the container ended up smashing directly into it

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -town.html

‘The large vehicle was seen zipping through…’ never seen zipping applied to trucks before, normally we either thunder or lumber…

More DM ■■■■■■■■,anyone that knows Nuneaton city centre will know there isn’t a road long enough to get upto 30mph never mind 35-40mph before you hit a roundabout or set of lights…
Also this “eyewitness” claims the hgv was speeding yet at all times the dash cam hero remained up to speed with him so has he just inadvertently incriminated himself with his confession of speeding.

“47 year old man in shock”… apparently.

Now I’m a 47 year old man and can’t believe another of my generation snowflakes would be shocked at this sort of thing, a little bemused perhaps even titillated but shocked never.

Oh and it’s not a container, bloody dumb reporters, although not as dumb as the ex Stobart driver doing his first shift for Marmite time.

Now for all you noobs out there if your driving a vehicle near trees/foliage etc and one is hearing the thud/twang/scrape of branches on the roof and leaving a trail of greenery in your wake chances are your in a vicinity that doesn’t have vehicles as large as yours very often, won’t always happen but it’s a good idea to secure your mug as there’s a good chance a tea spillage event is on the horizon.

Also he passed 3 bridge height signs as well before the OH S@@@ bang

oh well that’s another one to be parked up in the trailer graveyard. better known as b.i.f.t birch coppice.

One wonders if a claim for some sort of PTSD from dashcam man is going in.

Cor those in cab cameras have done a fine job of dragging half wits up to professional driver status :sunglasses:
Brucie Bonus they should now have some nice close ups of various gormless expressions as realisation dawned :unamused:

I’ll bet even odds that he usually drives a white van and has a dodgy or non existent Class 1 licence.Or 100/1 that he was running out of hours and he thought that getting a run at the bridge would mean more chance of the thing getting under it but then bottled out at the last second going by the brake lights. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Luckily the trailer was empty and the bridge and rail line are disused.

If it’s disused remove the bridge :wink:

Maritime are starting to rival the green death on bridge bashing :grimacing:

mrginge:

“Disused railway” is a bit of a loose term. Sometimes a section of track has no scheduled services but is used as a diversionary route when another section of track is out of action, for engineering works on the WCML for example where there is too much traffic to use rail replacement buses.

mrginge:

Maritime just…

Had the first attempt.

Let the professionals have a crack, get Eddie going that way with a few deckers.

At least he tried from the opposite direction from the other one that tried to go over weddy Road Bridge. Just trying to straighten the bridge out for the rail company after the first strike recently posted on here. Lol

I really am failing to give any benefit of the doubt to these halfwits that keeps hitting bridges. I used to feel maybe a lot are new drivers that just haven’t Ben trained or taught well enough.

But I still when I see a bridge height sign check it and check my height even though I know what height I am just to be sure.

simcor:
I really am failing to give any benefit of the doubt to these halfwits that keeps hitting bridges. I used to feel maybe a lot are new drivers that just haven’t Ben trained or taught well enough.

But I still when I see a bridge height sign check it and check my height even though I know what height I am just to be sure.

I went under a 13ft in Syston, Leicester yesterday. I’m a 13ft rigid.

I was nervous going under, and when cleared and tipped I came back through again checking my height even though I’d cleared it 30 mins ago.

How can any driver allow themselves to strike a bridge. I don’t get it.

Alfa1M:

simcor:

I went under a 13ft in Syston, Leicester yesterday. I’m a 13ft rigid.

I was nervous going under, and when cleared and tipped I came back through again checking my height even though I’d cleared it 30 mins ago.

How can any driver allow themselves to strike a bridge. I don’t get it.

You do need to be careful after tipping, as truck could be 1" - 2" higher on the suspension.
Not sure if this affects rigids as much … but can be a problem for artics, particularly if you’ve lifted axle up

Oh, for heaven’s sake, since when did The Daily Bigot let truth, common sense or honesty – or simple things like facts – to stand in the way of a chance to bash lorry drivers…

Admitted, there’s times the steering wheel jockeys don’t help but, nevertheless… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

If the video only shows half the story then why didn’t he upload the other half?
Why is he estimating the speed of the vehicle directly in front of him?
How can anyone in Nuneaton be shocked? Has the pen n wig shut down? When I served at Bramcote Barracks the town was full of squaddies taking advantage of “pound a pint night” every Wednesday at the pen n wig then milleniums. PT parade was often not very busy on Thursday mornings

Dipper_Dave:
it’s a good idea to secure your mug as there’s a good chance a tea spillage event is on the horizon.

:laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:
If the video only shows half the story then why didn’t he upload the other half?
Why is he estimating the speed of the vehicle directly in front of him?
How can anyone in Nuneaton be shocked? Has the pen n wig shut down? When I served at Bramcote Barracks the town was full of squaddies taking advantage of “pound a pint night” every Wednesday at the pen n wig then milleniums. PT parade was often not very busy on Thursday mornings

Think the pen and wig is still going although I haven’t been down past it since they changed the road layout and I don’t like walking round treacle town alone lol