Morality of enforcing DCPC Training on Rest Days?

Surely your choices are pretty simple?

1 - do the CPC courses on your rest day, at the gaffers expense, and get paid for it too.

2 - do the CPC courses on your rest day/holiday day :open_mouth: DO NOT get paid for your time, and stump up the bill yourself.

3 - get a non driving job come September because you haven’t got a DQC.

We all know they can’t make you do something on a rest day. But they aren’t going to magic an 8th day of the week for you to get your hours done.

I know what I would be doing. ■■■■ it up

I used a rest day last week and i had to pay for it myself. Alternatively i would need to take a work day off which would cost me around £200 in course fees plus lost revenue. Next month i use both rest days in one week. The alternative would cost me roughly £1000 if i used work days so take it on the chin since you are only using one day and since you are on work time, it guarantees you a full weekly rest the following week

merc0447:
'… you are getting free training …

One man’s ‘free-training’ is another man’s ‘compulsory EU indoctrination’.

Proper & structured training requires a check of understanding to be carried out, eg, a little requisite test, to achieve any accreditation worth its salt: The EU’s rotten DCPC doesn’t even require me to sit in a chair or even be awake :open_mouth:

merc0447:
‘…How about being just a wee touch more flexible and a bit less militant then maybe some pole won’t nab your job a year down the line…’

Chamberlain was flexible and many Poles suffered, mate :unamused:

Lets go round again :laughing:

Happy Keith:

merc0447:
‘…How about being just a wee touch more flexible and a bit less militant then maybe some pole won’t nab your job a year down the line…’

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Happy Keith, nothing if not a drama queen. :wink:

switchlogic:

Happy Keith:

merc0447:

not so! :grimacing: why don’t companies do it mon to fri in THEIR TIME! :sunglasses:

Fatboy slimslow:

switchlogic:

Happy Keith:

merc0447:

not so! :grimacing: why don’t companies do it mon to fri in THEIR TIME! :sunglasses:

I think you need to reread what I wrote in the context in which it was meant.

No DCPC = no useable LGV licence after Sept. 10th!!!
So just do it - especially if it’s being laid on & you’re getting paid.
Alternative = loadsa rest days cometh Sept.■■?

It’s called Hobsons choice!!!

switchlogic:
‘… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Happy Keith, nothing if not a drama queen. :wink: …’

Naaah: Too soundly pipped at the sequined podium by a gay ‘cab-cooking’ series on social media, muppet sun-gigs & smug fiz for that frock :unamused:

There seems to be some unsaid opinion that if we withdraw from Europe then the DCPC will disappear. I don’t think so. The UK is one of the most health & safety conscious countries in Europe. There is a feeling that anyone can sue anyone for anything in this country which scares the hell out of most employers. I wouldn’t mind betting a fully independent UK would have even more control over forcing us to increase our competence.

I’m still for independence though :slight_smile: But I mean independence from Westminster.