Moffett Operators - Training and Advice Required

peirre:

ukthugz:
the boom comes in handy to drag pallets across from one side of the bed to the other .

so long as you don`t accidentally put the forks through the curtain on the blind side. As some genius did to my trailer with a telehandler a while back

Oooppppsssssssss :imp:

peirre:
so long as you don`t accidentally put the forks through the curtain on the blind side. As some genius did to my trailer with a telehandler a while back

The one on the truck won’t reach that far. To bring the pallet across, you get as far under it as you can (just over half way) lower the legs, and slide it back towards you till you can get fully under it and lift. The only time you risk damaging your curtains is if you accidentally push an empty pallet across the bed at an angle.

As stated it does make unloading a lot quicker and easier, especially if you’re in a tight yard or pulled across a driveway.

Oh, and one other thing we’ve learned from experience. Hose the Moffett down regularly, the crap really builds up badly if you don’t and can get under the panels where the valves and relays are, causing them to stick or fail.

Constantine:
One question, how do you make sure the side lights are well protected as surely they are put on by the manufacturer and we can’t tamper with them very much as they are for C+U reasons?

Specify flush-fitting ones. Ours weren’t originally, and it only takes a brush against a hedge to break the lens cover off. I think the latest ones should have been upgraded by now.

Hey Sidevalve,

Thanks for clarifying the side markers, if I manage to get into the Moffett side I’ll most probably being using older ones if I am inexperienced, so its worth bearing in mind the casing can get easily damaged, understandably, but best to try and prevent it first :open_mouth:

C