Model/scale trucks

Just wondering if anyone knows anyone who can make these as I want to get one done for my sons 2nd birthday , my company done a batch a few years ago but they’re all sold and I can’t find any online. Cheers !

The local (Huddersfield) model engineers society have open days when they show radio-controlled scale model trucks of all kinds, rigids, artics which are amazingly detailed, with working lights, horns etc.

I wouldn’t like to guess how much these cost but if you contact them I’m sure they will help you find where to get a truck that suits your budget.

Here is a link to their website which has contact details. huddersfield-sme.com/

A quick Google found this place, prices about £50, I remember building a similar kit for teenage son some years ago.
wonderlandmodels.com/models … ruck-kits/

eBay also lists a number of kits, note that these plastic kits are accurate but not ‘child-proof’ in terms of being breakable if handled roughly.

gooddriver:
Just wondering if anyone knows anyone who can make these …

I can recommend Lonewolf Yorks as a maker of model trucks. :smiley:

I build scale models, what did you have in mind? Scale, Brand, level of detail, a specific livery?

I dont have photos of the trucks I’ve built, but I’ll post some pics of other work I’ve done. (They’re on my phone I think)

the nodding donkey:
I build scale models, what did you have in mind? Scale, Brand, level of detail, a specific livery?

I dont have photos of the trucks I’ve built, but I’ll post some pics of other work I’ve done. (They’re on my phone I think)

Depends who made them, best find out who made them and enquire.

the nodding donkey:

the nodding donkey:

Hats off to you, mule.

As a railway modeller I can see the the commitment and accuracy in your work, exceptional.

Socketset:

the nodding donkey:

the nodding donkey:

Hats off to you, mule.

As a railway modeller I can see the the commitment and accuracy in your work, exceptional.

I will second that comment, actually very good indeed.

Socketset:

the nodding donkey:

the nodding donkey:

Hats off to you, mule.

Thank you. I like the diorama building side of a layout, but have little interest in (playing with) the “finished” article. A bit the same with the models, for me the enjoyment is really in the building and painting/weathering. Once they’re done, I kinda lose the interest. That’s why I dont mind selling most of them, I tend to put them on ebay, with a start price that covers my outlay and paints, and see where it goes :smiley: . I’ve done quite a bit of commission work over the years, quite a bit for railway enthusiasts, but because of my often ‘transient’ lifestyle (no models got done when I lived on a boat for example :unamused: :blush: ), it’s always been on and off.
But now that I have a dedicated model room in the new flat, I’m going to get stuck in more.

What kind of layout do you have?

UKtramp:

Socketset:

the nodding donkey:

the nodding donkey:

Hats off to you, mule.

I will second that comment, actually very good indeed.

Thank you. If you ever need a replica of a refrigerator, you now know where to go… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:
Thank you. If you ever need a replica of a refrigerator, you now know where to go… :grimacing:

Fantastic idea, a classic 1950s fridge mounted on a plaque. could be a big seller for you. My order is in…

dieseldave:

gooddriver:
Just wondering if anyone knows anyone who can make these …

I can recommend Lonewolf Yorks as a maker of model trucks. :smiley:

Wolfie's model trucks - OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS (INTERACT - Trucknet UK

I do indeed (cheers Dave)

However I would point out that what I build are display models, not really toys