Mobile phone bill

My old employer wanted me to highlight work-related calls on my bill which took ages.

I’m now thinking it’s easier to just claim for the whole PAYG top-up.

How do you deal with phone expenses?

The company supplies the phone. Simples.

In a different job, I ended up getting a separate contract phone which came with free minutes and calls, worked out cheaper than them topping up a PAYG phone, they just agreed to pay the whole bill.

Santa:
The company supplies the phone. Simples.

+1

If you accept a work phone don’t they think they can ring you up, anytime or day, to mention “important issues” ?

Turn it off when you are off duty…

middleoftheroad:
If you accept a work phone don’t they think they can ring you up, anytime or day, to mention “important issues” ?

only if its switched on :slight_smile:

middleoftheroad:

Then you switch it off when not in work.

I’ll be honest though, I usually use my own phone for 99% of calls, it’s already on the hands-free and it’s got unlimited minutes.

If I’ve got to ring an 0800 / 0845 etc though, then I use works phone.

I never bill work for any calls on my phone because they don’t cost me any extra than I’m already paying.

waynedl:
I never bill work for any calls on my phone because they don’t cost me any extra than I’m already paying.

And because of that they’ll continue to expect you to as well as other drivers who it may cost them to.

I bill company a fiver a week. No problems.