Missing Driver - help please

Veh reg LUVK 162 & German driver missing from Dover 1400hrs 14/12/2005 the veh is a 7.5t white unmarked box body, if anybody has seen this veh or perhaps one remotely like it German registered PLEASE CALL 24/7 07834948515.

should he be inbound or outbound and whats the code for DL or could you put the full phone number up we could dial

He was in-bound for Crewe, hasn’t been seen since leaving the docks @ Dover. Phone number is a UK mobile belonging to the agent in this Country

Have spoken to Germany this morning still no sign totaly miffed to what may have happened, police have been spoken to , all usual delivery points have been alerted , and other contacts . Unfortunately there little else i can do , i hope they find him safe and secure , thankyou for all the help over this and suggestions by e mail , fax , phone etc . Its good to know that when genuine help is needed it comes all quarters , and everybody understands the need for everybody . THANKS

Posted by Rob / Jemma , RL & CJ LIGHT CARGO LTD , at 08:15 on 16/12/2005

spoke to UK Agent 16.10hrs Sat

Still no news

German, French and UK Police all alerted

Can’t keep an eye out for this guy as I’m stuck indoors for the forseeable future. But If there’s anything I can do to help from here, please let me know.

Hope he’s found safe and well soon.

zebadee:
Veh reg LUVK 162 & German driver missing from Dover 1400hrs 14/12/2005 the veh is a 7.5t white unmarked box body, if anybody has seen this veh or perhaps one remotely like it German registered PLEASE CALL 24/7 07834948515.

A small detail perhaps, but it might make a difference…

AFAIAA the VRN should read LU VK 162 i.e. there is a space between the LU and the VK (just in case some one is looking out for 4 digits together). This would indicate a vehicle from the Ludwigsafen area.

Is there a description of the driver available?? (or better still, a photo?)

Sorry everybody this appears to be a total mystery, have spoken to the german company they say ■■? . still we all live in hope .

Posted by Rob / Jemma , RL & CJ LIGHT CARGO LTD , at 07:45 on 19/12/2005.

Why is there no publicity over this matter?

This is a serious situation yet I’ve seen no mention of the case either on TV or in the press…or maybe I just missed it?

His family must be extremely distraught, my thoughts are with them and I hope the guy is found safe and well.

John, This seems to be a strange situation, where did you get the information from. Nothing has ben broadcast regarding this person as far as I am aware . . He may not want to be found== strange things do happen. or he could have been abducted by unscrupulous persons or even picked up by customs for some “Little” misdemeanor.

Thanks to everybody for your help, phone calls, e-mails etc etc. It has now come to light that the police was holding him for reasons I cannot share with you. He is now back in Germany save and sound.

Posted by Rob / Jemma , RL & CJ LIGHT CARGO LTD , at 10:54 on 20/12/2005

keelman:

It has now come to light that the police was holding him for reasons I cannot share with you

err, so the Police had him, but they didn’t know they had him :question: :unamused:

Driveroneuk:

keelman:

It has now come to light that the police was holding him for reasons I cannot share with you

err, so the Police had him, but they didn’t know they had him :question: :unamused:

Simple really

It all comes down to the Data Protection Act

in France the system is------------------

The French authorities notify the local Consular office they are holding a foriegn national who then have to WRITE to the prison to ask the prisoners permission in writing, (by post) to notify who he/she wishes to be informed of their whereabouts.

The Consular Office then inform their superiors who then inform the people concernerd

In our case this took about 4 long worrying days