Military Security

MrReliable:
RON
Is this www.actionmenonline.co.uk
GET A LIFE !!!
The London bombings on 7/7 were not directed at a military establishment nor was 9/11 these were things that were easier to target than a military establishment .How do you propose to stop this happening again SHERLOCK .
While civilian targets are easier to attack all the military establishments in this country are surely safer.There are 1001 other sites in the uk that are just as bigger target than the military many unprotected by the armed forces .We go to some pretty sensitive places protected by minimum wage security guards so I think you guys will be safe ! :smiley:

The IRA choose in the past to attack both military and civil targets. Because a military target is harder to attack, a sucessful attack carries more kudos.

If you chose to read the information already posted on this thread a poster has already placed information into the public domain (although unwittingly) that reveals a possible security flaw in a military establishment. I didn’t need to be SHERLOCK to work out which base he meet, I didn’t need to be SHERLOCK to google the name of the unit he referred to, I didn’t need to be SHERLOCK to find out the public opening times. I wouldn’t need to be SHERLOCK to gain access, nor would anybody else.

Totally disagree Davey. Security is everybody’s business. All I was asking (Not lecturing) was that people think before they post. Your post although going into great detail did not reveal anything about any lapse in security. (Unless they can capture the unnamed 16 year old).

The post in another thread which I originally referred to and a further post in this thread have both highlighted security lapse’s, which could be useful to anybody who is that way inclined .

I would like to point out that the original post contained the word PLEASE which surely makes it a request and not an order or a lecture.

HOWEVER please do not discuss them in open forums

Please think before you post

where,s me beer this thread is gonna take it,s toll lmbo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ron9516:
The IRA choose in the past to attack both military and civil targets. Because a military target is harder to attack, a sucessful attack carries more kudos.

If you chose to read the information already posted on this thread a poster has already placed information into the public domain (although unwittingly) that reveals a possible security flaw in a military establishment. I didn’t need to be SHERLOCK to work out which base he meet, I didn’t need to be SHERLOCK to google the name of the unit he referred to, I didn’t need to be SHERLOCK to find out the public opening times. I wouldn’t need to be SHERLOCK to gain access, nor would anybody else.

Ron you don’t get it do you the IRA wanted to walk away, the latest threat don’t have that same consideration. “Hard target” is less of a consideration than death toll and an outraged reaction. Many military bases have open event/days when Joe Public can visit. Saying that you have identified a base from the information Ken posted is neither impressive or hard, particularly since you haven’t actually named that site for confirmation. The risk that you allude to is that of sensitive information being posted onto these publc forums and aiding a threat to this country or its citizens. Now, because I’ve watched SPOOKS on TV (heavy irony smiley required) I reckon that those things that a terrorist might find useful on this site our REAL security services will also know and take steps to remove that information.

If you really worry about information getting onto these boards then bringing it to our attention in this way has been a flawed strategy. Those that know do; those that don’t play cyber spy or Home Secretary wannabee.

And the debate goes on…& on…& on…& on…& on
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tyler4164:
And the debate goes on…& on…& on…& on…& on
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ariston :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hey Look. This thread is now in a members only section. Lets hope no military bases are attacked else we’ll all be in Bellmarsh for 90 days. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No It dosen’t, I’m off to bed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hey Look. This thread is now in a members only section. Lets hope no military bases are attacked else we’ll all be in Bellmarsh for 90 days.

Could it be because my point has been proved :wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: LOL

Haven’t laughed so hard in ages, Now Ron, you be careful of those silent helicopters that are circling above you and don’t forget to put in some dummy turns on your way home from work so those that are tailing you will be thrown off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ron9516:
Totally disagree Davey. Security is everybody’s business. All I was asking (Not lecturing) was that people think before they post. Your post although going into great detail did not reveal anything about any lapse in security. (Unless they can capture the unnamed 16 year old).

Easy enough to Catch as he was the Base Commander’s son over for a holiday, so in effect even the base commanders son had free range to a so called top secret military installation :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Your comments are interesting though, watching Parky last night he had Patrick Mckiltie on an Irish comic, who pointed out that the jokes about the irish blowing things up has changed now to a certain race of non irish decent.

The military aint the targets now its the public, once they have the public running scared they have won, unfortunately in true british grit after the events in London in that fatefull July, everything and everyone carried on with every day life. Yes maybe a few were affected by the actions of the terrorists but overall the majority just got on with life. Talking about military security is pathetic, granted if someone was posting that they had just delivered two 10 megaton bombs to the garrison at catterick and they just painted them in a green paint to blend into the grass where they were left unattended :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Do you really think joe public or a truck driver etc is going to get access to the areas in a military base where they can collate all the information required by terrorists, if that was the case then terrorists would of been kidnapping truck drivers by the 1000,s upon leaving the installations :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

smcaul:
Haven’t laughed so hard in ages, Now Ron, you be careful of those silent helicopters that are circling above you and don’t forget to put in some dummy turns on your way home from work so those that are tailing you will be thrown off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROFLMAO :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ron - behave!! :unamused: :unamused:

. . . . . . and I really do know what i’m on about!! :wink: :wink:

dont know that many terrorist but the ones i have had dealings with tended to lob mortors over the perimeter fence then be off on their heels before the firing point was located (osnabruck garrison). the way terrorist attack has changed in the last three decades, gone are the ideals of being a freedom fighter now its all about killing the infidel westerns, which as 9/11 and 7/7 proved leaves just about any one open for attack. i agree whith some of your writings ron however just like we have information on terrorist they to have information on the military, and it would be a naive thought to think that any group cannot get their hands on routines, routes, both from the internet and members of ex paramilitery groups which we are meant to belive are no longer active! :open_mouth: