mighty magoo

is it just me or is anybody else getting pop ups for an advert for mighty magoo ?

they are popping up at random points on the forum , i’ve reported it to admin but i’m not sure anyone else is getting them … its showing up as green highlighted words in various post’s , if you float your mouse thingy over them an advert comes up… W.T.F

sorry mods but i dont know where else to put this …

I’m not seeing 'em, but I’m on an iMAC if that makes any difference.

Tone

canaldrifter:
I’m not seeing 'em, but I’m on an iMAC if that makes any difference.

Tone

i have no idea if that makes a difference or not , i dont have a clue with computers , i just hav’nt seen it before thats all , its probably nothing … :open_mouth:

Not me, but I have pop ups blocked with IE and Firefox.

Check your addons in Firefox if you use it, as you may have inadvertently installed it.

mickfly:
Not me, but I have pop ups blocked with IE and Firefox.

That would be the solution, Bowser.

Tone

I use AddBlock Plus so don’t see any adds but I assume you have installed MightyMagoo software in which case you should go here and follow the instructions to un-install the MightMagoo software.

I have never used Mighty Magoo software but from what I’ve read it bombards your browser with adverts so best get rid :wink:

Another excellent weapon for use with Firefox is “Noscript” blocks Java and suchlike unless you give the website the OK

tachograph:
I use AddBlock Plus so don’t see any adds but I assume you have installed MightyMagoo software in which case you should go here and follow the instructions to un-install the MightMagoo software.

I have never used Mighty Magoo software but from what I’ve read it bombards your browser with adverts so best get rid :wink:

As well as this go to malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download the free version. You may have to scroll down the page to find it. Dont pay for it, dont know anyone that does pay for it.

Once downloaded, install the program and it will find any nasties on your PC.

Quick run through of the program (from memory!!).

Install, after install will be two boxes,

1. Do you want to update
  2. Do you want to launch MBAM.

Make sure both are ticked and let it update.

Once the prog has opened.

There are 3 options.

Run a quick scan

Run a complete scan.

And a third option, dont worry about that cos you cant do it!!!

Run a quick scan and on completion, if it finds anything click OK and then SHOW RESULTS. Everything will be selected. Click on REMOVE SELECTED.

It may want to reboot, find let it.

If it finds anything on the quick scan, run a complete scan.

If you need anymore help, shout.

thanks for the help chaps i’m going to check it out . i think i’ve sussed what it is …

cheers agian … :smiley:

tachograph:

aaah ! that’s what it is !!

Thanks Tachograph, will put and end to hours of blank looks and head scratching amongst the mod team :wink:

bowser:
sorry mods but i dont know where else to put this …

Hi bowser,

No apology is necessary mate, cos you’ve posted this in exactly the right place. :smiley:

It looks like you’ve got some great answers too!! :wink:

I hope it’s all fixed now.