Medical Trailers

Anyone done these medical trailers before?

I got me an interview tomorrow with Vanguard and to be honest the info I got sounds a little too good to be true regards the actual job and money etc.

Hi Richie…ill tell you one thing, there was an old middle easter, started running a company in the uk. this company so im told was hauling medical trailers around the country at various hospitals as mobile x-ray outfits. I was told that it was a job of all jobs…very interesting work, a lot of sitting around, and paid good money…so lets hope someone on here has worked in this job and can update you.
by the way…you are not allowed to be in the trailer when the ladies are undressed…ha ha ha

Not allowed in the trailer when the ladies get undressed!!!

Typical :unamused:

I said the job sounds too good to be true :wink:

Thanks for that Truckie, I’ll let you know tomorrow what it’s like for real

You may even find you start at 3-4am every day and travel solo to a site which has a trailer set up.

your job may be to move it to a diff site and set it up before the car parks fill up , or you may not get in ( hence the early starts.)

That is what a wellingboro company does that move around mamogram trailers.

Many of these trailers are twin axle trailers with the axles right on the ■■■ end :open_mouth:

Make sure you take it easy with those things, they’re packed full of expensive kit. You don’t want that lot to go ■■■’s up!

This post courtesy of the Humphry Littleton memorial ■■■■ foundation

a chap parked his in the yard where we was,(now long gone),on the side of the unit was written that this unit is not to be used for general haulage,some times it sat there for days ,other times it was gone all week.

There is someone on here that drives them, cant for the life of me think of his name :blush:

I know poeple who do that, the pay is good but remember that in order for the unit to be in one hospital one day and another the next you have to drive at night and sleep during the day, basically they leave the trailer at the hospital drive to a ‘secure’ (should be quite) location and get some rest if they can :exclamation:

Mikejk:
I know poeple who do that, the pay is good but remember that in order for the unit to be in one hospital one day and another the next you have to drive at night and sleep during the day, basically they leave the trailer at the hospital drive to a ‘secure’ (should be quite) location and get some rest if they can :exclamation:

Yes there are a load of them working out of Castle Bromwich, i see them most nights, as you say they run at night, set up and then sleep in the day . They are paid by the hour at the moment but they tell me they are going 4 on 4 off and salaried soon. And they dont keep the same unit, they are running, Renault, Iveco, and Mercs. Sounds an easy job though.

Ralph Davies has just put 6 new FH16’s on a nuffield contract transporting these around. Apparantley his continental work is only 15%of his work load now, the rest is domestic.

used to do a drop next to where there depot was 8 year ago. ultra high security
good fleet .looks like a winner if you get it bud :laughing:

Well been and had an interview yesturday and had to go back today, I think a lot of you are right, you have to be flexible with your working ‘day’

Money is good and going up shortly, plus £30 a night out on top, plus the benefit package is top class

Trucks are Volvo’s with a few FH16 540’s and more being added, :wink: and the role is not just truck driving, it’s the whole shaboudle, very interesting

I’m used to working through the night on the agency so not bothered about that or being away for a few days cos i done that too

Greg, you are right I going to work for Nuffield health and they sub out to Ralph Davies

glad you got it bud ,own account fleet you get the perks :wink: you did get it :question:
are they still based in that little cul de sac ind estate . thurrock

richie, ive just been doin it out of castle brom for 2 weeks, its a nice little job,or should i say it would be a nice job if kuene nagel hadnt got there hands on it, ive choose not to go back there next week but not because of the job,but due to the managment of it, they are trying to put it on 4 on 4 off which might suit some blokes but not me, also i asked the question to the agency i was working for that on some nights i was doin only 5 hours work,so id be booking min 8 hours, then with my night out allowance for my 11 hours daily rest,plus my hour off for lunch,that totals 20 hours,so what about the other 4 hours im sat in the truck waiting for the scanners to finish there day? basically i was told i wasnt getting paid for them 4 hours of the day so hence the reason they need to find someone else to do the job next week, as far as the trailers go, i had 2 days training,and it seems alot to take in at first,but them it all clicks together and they are pretty simple,the hardest bit is getting them to sit level at some of the sites,it can really annoy you when you just cant get it right and your running out of blocks of wood, and they do have to be dead level, if you dont mind sitting around alot then you will be alright, my record was 20hours and to be honest it was abit boring, need to know anything else ill do my best

you had difficulty levelling a trailer. :question: not rocket science .done exhibitions i know .and you want paid 24 hours a day :laughing: my record was 4 days no sleep.
not driving on location . :laughing:
theres drivers then theres drivers :laughing: if i read your post right you wanted to be paid 24 hours a day :laughing: lightweight theres nurses to zb

Yeah scania245 I got the job thanks mate

Gav, the best part of it is that i am going to work directly for Nuffield health so the position is salaried and the lads have spent years making sure the job is as good as it can be, if you ain’t gonna get paid for it, you don’t do it

I got 2 weeks intense traing to do before i go out on the road and various courses to attend with nuffield too, the role is now being called Mobile medical unit technician, so i not gonna be a truck driver anymore

Luckily I gonna be going to Europe so at least I get to do that still :wink:

scania245:
you had difficulty levelling a trailer. :question: not rocket science .done exhibitions i know .and you want paid 24 hours a day :laughing: my record was 4 days no sleep.
theres drivers then theres drivers :laughing: if i read your post right you wanted to be paid 24 hours a day :laughing: lightweight theres nurses to zb

I love alcohol as well!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

scania245:

I love alcohol as well!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

booze cruise with good money :laughing: