Massive pet hate

bestbooties:

Muckaway:
It’s actually quite nice for site staff to call you by name rather than “Drive…”

Exactly!

Think you spot on there Tir. :grimacing:

Name plates were originally used for identifying CB users to other breakers.
There could be two Daves working for a company, Big Dave and Little Dave.
These days it’s just as likely to be something the driver likes to do, in keeping with a fairly old tradition. UK truck drivers were using CBs long before they became legal in 81 btw.

toby1234abc:
Talking of pet hates, why do so many wear a silly hi viz while driving, it will not save your life if you wear it.Too lazy to take it off, it looks ridiculous.On multi drop then fair enough, but for a long distance run , what is the point.?Do you go to bed with it on too.?

Now you’re being ridiculous Toby, don’t you realise those things are bullet proof kevlar?
They must be, the things they’ll save you from. They’ll save your life every time :grimacing:

Same as the diks who put a “private” plate on a car or truck!
They pay road tax,VAt,Fuel duty,Insurance tax and then go and pay the money grabbin ■■■■■ government another 250 quid to look like a total ■■■■■■ with their dik 1 plate on

Better to buy a radar blocker for the same money and give the plod the finger.

Legend_Scania:

martyh:
couldn’t give a crap about name plates ,it’s text speak that boils my ■■■■

A’ight m8 how r u 2day :slight_smile:

uncool dude ,i’ve read that and now i’m all riled up and have to drive to teeside full of road rage,and most likely get caught by the Big Blue Daf munching a Twix without due care and attention, .I hope you’re proud of yourself :grimacing:

i’d better have an hour parked on a bridge truck name plate spotting to calm me down first

Pimpdaddy:

toby1234abc:
Talking of pet hates, why do so many wear a silly hi viz while driving, it will not save your life if you wear it.Too lazy to take it off, it looks ridiculous.On multi drop then fair enough, but for a long distance run , what is the point.?Do you go to bed with it on too.?

No I don’t go to bed with mine but it’s easier & safer to just keep it on for the duration of the shift as I am forgetful.
P.S my pet hate is tesco…!

I’m thinking the OP is a Tesco driver and doesn’t have his own lorry.

martyh:

Legend_Scania:

martyh:
couldn’t give a crap about name plates ,it’s text speak that boils my ■■■■

A’ight m8 how r u 2day :slight_smile:

uncool dude ,i’ve read that and now i’m all riled up and have to drive to teeside full of road rage,and most likely get caught by the Big Blue Daf munching a Twix without due care and attention, .I hope you’re proud of yourself :grimacing:

i’d better have an hour parked on a bridge truck name plate spotting to calm me down first

:grimacing: :grimacing: have a kitkat mate your turning in to a right diva :slight_smile:.

I’m gonna admit I had to google the spelling in txt talk as I hardly use txt talk only word I use is “Coz” just coz I’m lazy to spell because :slight_smile:

Bking:
Same as the diks who put a “private” plate on a car or truck!
They pay road tax,VAt,Fuel duty,Insurance tax and then go and pay the money grabbin [zb] government another 250 quid to look like a total [zb] with their dik 1 plate on

Better to buy a radar blocker for the same money and give the plod the finger.

That’s me told then. :unamused: :unamused: but it cost a lot less than £250 when it was bought and is now worth a lot more.
But hey I’m a “dik” who is in profit if I sell it. :wink:

If that is the only thing that bothers the op after 6 months, then God help him (And us.) when he’s sat in a dc waiting room for 6 hours.

Ken.

Seriously mate■■?.. 5mins on the job and you consider THAT to be a “Massive pet hate” :open_mouth: .
I reckon your first heart attack is due in about 2 yrs when the REAL sh about the job starts to kick in :laughing: get a ■■■■■■ grip :unamused:

I have noticed foreign drivers wearing hi viz while driving.They must assume it is the law as every truck that they see has a driver with hi viz on.It is not rocket science to take it off.

toby1234abc:
I have noticed foreign drivers wearing hi viz while driving.They must assume it is the law as every truck that they see has a driver with hi viz on.It is not rocket science to take it off.

Ffs we got a driver having a leppy cos people buy name plates for their trucks and another one having a melt down because some drivers don’t take a hiviz off :unamused:

I tend to worry more about the rent and if my wife is getting full satisfaction from the last toy I got her

bigvern1:
PFFFRRRTTTT!

ow he will jump of a cliff when he sees that. You have two in the window :smiley: :smiley:

I have just got a plate done saying my username “Mickyblue”. I am now waiting for people to spit, chuck things at me and call me a ■■■■■■ every time I pass them lol

mikecoz:
Ive got to say this as its been doin my head in more and more as the days go by.Ive been drivin hgvs for around 6 months and ive developed a massive pet hate for other hgv drivers who put a registration plate in the windscreen with their name on it.wow does anyone actually give a [zb] what your name is seriously,even worse is when i see a name like BIG JOHN or BIG DAVE and the driver is not big at all just overweight with stubble hilarious…seen one in north wales called ■■■■■■ wat sorry mate r u a ■■■■■■ lets not look at you then incase u kill us all.

No one gives a crap seriously.no ones a ■■■■■■ no ones THE BOSS or TOP DOG were hgv drivers on poor money and long hours END OF

I’ve only been driving for nearly 10 months now. I love the job and I fail to see why I didn’t do this job years a go. I have now got a number plate in the window. If this get’s to you and you go home and beat yourself in the toilet because of it, I suggest giving up driving and finding a job that has you working in a field where nothing is around for it to ■■■■ you off in anyway. Come on, chill the ■■■■ out. It’s a name on a plate.

mickyblue:

bigvern1:
PFFFRRRTTTT!

ow he will jump of a cliff when he sees that. You have two in the window :smiley: :smiley:

I have just got a plate done saying my username “Mickyblue”. I am now waiting for people to spit, chuck things at me and call me a [zb] every time I pass them lol

■■■■■■ “throwing a egg roll” :slight_smile: :laughing:

Please do. Saves me having to stop at the burger van lol

Name plates are harmless fun.I have seen Bob up and down.

lol, one night I had a lorry which had a plate in the window bearing the name “Rocky”.

“No problem” I thought, “I’ll take it out and put it on the bunk”.

SUPERGLUED!!!

I felt so embarrassed because I don’t really look like the sort of bloke who should be calling himself Rocky.

My pet hate.Anti social drivers that hide in the cab.Curtains shut when parking up for the night.
When doing European driving it was the social thing to meet up with fellow Brits.Have a meal.A few shandies.Then share the taxi fare back to the truck.
Those days of camaradie are long gone.
It is everyman for himself now and the I am right Jack mentality now.
When clearing customs in Portugal it was drop the trailer.Find a beach for the weekend.
If you saw a broken down Uk truck or tyre blowout back then you would stop and help fix the problem.
One day it may be you with a break down and the guy you helped returns the favour back.If you offered money it would be offensive.

toby1234abc:
Name plates are harmless fun.I have seen Bob up and down.

You have seen bob up and down? oohhh errr

My pet hate is when ya biscuit breaks off in ya cuppa tea. Another is discovering the toilet roll is empty halfway through having a dump …hate that I do !!