Marsden Tpt

Does anybody remember or worked for Marsden Tpt, Dunkirk Avenue, West Brom ? I started to work for this company straight from school in May 1978 as FLT driver in their warehouse on Church Lane West Brom but left after about 6 months to start my apprenticeship with Smiths of Eccles in Great Bridge. Some of the drivers i remember are ;
John Wark…had a Transcon & did mostly Scotch.
Billy Monk (RIP)…Transcon did north east and was as hard as nails (ex fairground fighter). He let me have a go in his Transcon one day round the yard.
Jimmy Reid (RIP)…F86 did Yorkshire and liked a pint or 6.
John reid…transit. Met up with John a few years later (early 90’s) when we were both doing Spain for Birds.
Kenny Marsden…Bedford TK. the bosses brother & always puffing on his pipe.
Harry Lewis…AEC 4 wheeler and F86.
Ron Stott…AEC 6 wheeler. Reversed it in the garage once and it went straight down the pit, he got out & laughed.
Trevor ? … foden
Don ?.. Scania 110 also known as huggy bear
Barry ? (RIP) …F86 8 legger.
There were other drivers but memory’s fading & can’t remember their names.
Any old photos would be great to look at & reminisce.

I worked in that area at the time for BRS (Oldbury & Smethwick) but I can’t seem to recall the lorries, what was their colour scheme?
I remember Fellows tansport and Birds (red livery at that time) also Sheldon&Clayton.

Hi Trev, they were blue wagons with a yellow/orange i think signwriting.
The garage & office were just round the corner from Ellis Fellows yard & we did a lot of work for Rubery Owen at Darlaston & Hacket Nut and Bolt at Cradley heath.
Sheldon & clayton is where John Reid works now.
I remember the old BRS yard at junction 2 Oldbury, where Mcdonalds & toys r us is now.

pancho did you work on jones’s tankers in aldridge

No never worked for Sammy Jones but i used to see those lads regularly on the train ferry out of Western docks Dover in the late 80’s.
1 of them lived just up the road from me near black lake but can’t remember his name.
I was on for a belgian out fit then with a belgian reg left ■■■■■■.
Were you on for them ?

Sorry curnock, just noticed your reply on the other post.
I made a c…k up & posted this twice lol.
Have’nt seen Harry for a few years now, wonder how he’s doing. When you worked for Billy Brotheridge was Mick in the office ?

yes,but i forgot his surname a well spoken chap.along with harry mason who was the boss.when brotheridge got taken over by fellows’s harry and several others went to work there for a few years,not seen him for a few years now but he used to live on crankhall lane wednesbury