Marsden Tpt

Does anybody remember or worked for Marsden Tpt, Dunkirk Avenue, West Brom ? I started to work for this company straight from school in May 1978 as FLT driver in their warehouse on Church Lane West Brom but left after about 6 months to start my apprenticeship with Smiths of Eccles in Great Bridge. Some of the drivers i remember are ;
John Wark…had a Transcon & did mostly Scotch.
Billy Monk (RIP)…Transcon did north east and was as hard as nails (ex fairground fighter). He let me have a go in his Transcon one day round the yard.
Jimmy Reid (RIP)…F86 did Yorkshire and liked a pint or 6.
John reid…transit. Met up with John a few years later (early 90’s) when we were both doing Spain for Birds.
Kenny Marsden…Bedford TK. the bosses brother & always puffing on his pipe.
Harry Lewis…AEC 4 wheeler and F86.
Ron Stott…AEC 6 wheeler. Reversed it in the garage once and it went straight down the pit, he got out & laughed.
Trevor ? … foden
Don ?.. Scania 110 also known as huggy bear
Barry ? (RIP) …F86 8 legger.
There were other drivers but memory’s fading & can’t remember their names.
Any old photos would be great to look at & reminisce.

worked with harry lewis at w a brotheridge late 80’s

pancho:
Does anybody remember or worked for Marsden Tpt, Dunkirk Avenue, West Brom ? I started to work for this company straight from school in May 1978 as FLT driver in their warehouse on Church Lane West Brom but left after about 6 months to start my apprenticeship with Smiths of Eccles in Great Bridge. Some of the drivers i remember are ;
John Wark…had a Transcon & did mostly Scotch.
Billy Monk (RIP)…Transcon did north east and was as hard as nails (ex fairground fighter). He let me have a go in his Transcon one day round the yard.
Jimmy Reid (RIP)…F86 did Yorkshire and liked a pint or 6.
John reid…transit. Met up with John a few years later (early 90’s) when we were both doing Spain for Birds.
Kenny Marsden…Bedford TK. the bosses brother & always puffing on his pipe.
Harry Lewis…AEC 4 wheeler and F86.
Ron Stott…AEC 6 wheeler. Reversed it in the garage once and it went straight down the pit, he got out & laughed.
Trevor ? … foden
Don ?.. Scania 110 also known as huggy bear
Barry ? (RIP) …F86 8 legger.
There were other drivers but memory’s fading & can’t remember their names.
Any old photos would be great to look at & reminisce.

i remember not so well there was stotty think he drove the old boarderer he rit the marina van off with cleves (the gaffer)wife in it there was brian he drove a merc flat rigid you had tummy bradley who used to do bits and pieces(r.i.p) he lived over the road they called him bigtum and his son little tum which is me you had a lad from down the road who drove a 7.5 d series and u ad the mechanics there was martin dave briliant sign writers they ended up at fellows martin works at scania and minta (murray) built the breakdown truck i cant remember much cuz i was only aq kid