Malware Infected page

Never come accross this at TN before & was suprised when my Antivir warning popped up with this:

HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen

Description:
A common attack against the web infrastructure can be the infection of harmless web pages. Some malware changes every HTML file stored on the disc and adds a link (very often an IFrame) to a site hosting malicious code. Other attacks can aim for the web servers and try to insert forwarding to the pages hosted there. The owner of these pages is advised to take them offline. Fix the hole (either on his own PC or on the server), check the pages for infections, clean them and go online again. Infected Web Pages often contain additional Iframe, Object or Script Tags. The Script Tags often contain encrypted Code.

From this page in the Professional Drivers Forum

we have had bigger than that in here

what antivirus software are you using as it looks ok to me (AVG free) :question:

No problems with that page here either (Comodo Internet Security).

I am with McAfee and it doesn’t tell me off here either, although you will probably make this thread more viewed than Ash or Bubblemans pictures :smiley:

Eset NOD32 does not mention anything either.

Antivira Antivir personal, free. I’ve used it for many years & seems to work well. 1st time ever its picked anything up on a TN page.

I sand boxed the page and ran every anti virus programme against it that I could, I couldn’t get any to show a problem- I think your anti virus is showing what is called a false positive, can you submit the page to your anti virus provider and ask them to look at it to see where they think the problem is.

If we cant replicate te problem here we cant try to fix it

That’s fair comment Rikki, as of the moment i don’t know how to submit it, so it will take time to do it. When i have it, i will (try) do it.

Thank you for the time you have put in. :slight_smile: