MALCOLMS AGAIN

Anyone done any glass work for them and if so whats it entail folks

thecoder0:
Anyone done any glass work for them and if so whats it entail folks

I used to do a shunt for them, from Crick to the coffee place in banbury. Glass coffee jars funnily enough!! I never loaded up a trailer as mine where all pre loaded so all i did was deliver. Just went easy with them thats all, never had a problem. Someone told me that the steering axle on the trailer was to give a smoother ride so as they didn’t get shaken about to much? Thats all i know!!

Malcolms pull glass containers /jars for Rockware Glass out of Doncaster and Knottingley. I havent worked for them but i have worked on agency for Rockware direct (christian salvesan). Shifting glass about is relatively easy ,all forked on and then according to type and size of glass you strap up according to given load secure diagrams. There are some loads which are compression packs .These are a bit more of a hassle to strap up as these loads unlike the others are not shrinkwrapped so more of a risk to breakage. Was a good job for Salvos and would expect the same type of work at Malcolms i would expect.

They do a lot of work for the whiskey industry , high trailers with 52 pallets of bottles Strapped every 4th pallet.
Iused to take trailers into chivas for them easy work and your allways allowed to use the canteen at the bottling plants. :laughing: