M62 blocked both Ways 290415 jnc 22-24 Rishworth-Ainley Top

Just after 3pm

Roads: M62 in both directions blocked, queueing traffic due to serious accident between J22 A672 (Rishworth Moor) and J24 A629 (Ainley Top). Initially only lane three (of three) was affected after two lorries went through the central reservation. Traffic has now been stopped in both directions to assist the Air Ambulance. Affecting traffic heading between Rochdale and Huddersfield.

Supposedly 2 lorries through the central res may be worth avoiding for a while
thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n … servation/

M62 | West Yorkshire | Both Directions | Incident | Road Closed
The M62 is closed in both directions between J24 (Huddersfield) and J22 (Denton) due to a incident involving HGV’s which have crossed the central reservation.

As J23 is a restricted access junction, a signed diversion for westbound traffic is available from J24 and customers are advised to follow the 'Solid Black Square Symbol’. HGV’s should note there is a low bridge on this route (13ft 6") at Sowerby Bridge. The diversion for eastbound traffic is from J22 - J24 and customers are advised to follow the “Black Hollow Circle Symbol”

Customers may wish to consider alternative routes and should allow extra time for their journeys.

2 brand new unregistered trucks gone through the central barrier.

the one on the right facing the wrong way :wink:

Im on the m62 alot and its starting to do my head in,the volume of traffic is unreal,they have put it to 4 lanes in places and its done sod all because nobody goes in the extra lane,the matrix signs come up telling you to drop speed to whatever they decide ,thats it everybody slams on and it gridlock for nowt :imp: :unamused:

Hateful road. When I’m transport minister I’m going to have them build another trans Pennine motorway maybe using the A59 as a base route. I’m not gonna ■■■■ about building it two lanes which then need upgrading to three, then four a few years later. Oh no, this bad boy is going to be six lanes each way from the start. Sod the greens, sod the lesser spotted newt, and sod Swampy and all his Eco warrior mates.

the maoster:
Hateful road. When I’m transport minister I’m going to have them build another trans Pennine motorway maybe using the A59 as a base route. I’m not gonna ■■■■ about building it two lanes which then need upgrading to three, then four a few years later. Oh no, this bad boy is going to be six lanes each way from the start. Sod the greens, sod the lesser spotted newt, and sod Swampy and all his Eco warrior mates.

I wholeheartedly endorse that statement

the maoster:

I wholeheartedly endorse that statement

Over the last few year since the supposed upgrade i have NEVER EVER had a clear run over the m62 ,m25 at peak times pfffffffffffft ,its a walk in the park :wink:

There’s nothing wrong with that road at all, the problem is the drivers that use it:!::!:

You can get a clear run on the 62, at 3 in the morning!

mucker85:
2 brand new unregistered trucks gone through the central barrier. 0 the one on the right facing the wrong way :wink:

And the one on the left is one of ours :open_mouth:

There was talk of a new junction, 24a ? This from a few months ago:

examiner.co.uk/news/west-yor … er-8273833

Not being there, just reading and looking, Why did “2 brand new trucks” crossover?
Also,a silly thought , What would have happened if this was one of the “new type convoy” where the lead driver has a few others following where he goes?
This sort of thing.
bbc.com/future/story/2013040 … ll-forward