M5 south closed strensham

Afternoon lads and lasses.
Avoid the M5 south at strensham closed due to an earlier accident came north past it about an hour ago sand all over 3 lanes looks like they are going to resurface it.

Taking you off and down the M50 matrix signs showing m5 shut j8-j11.

Came past it this morning about 9ish they were just uprighting the Kay’s wagon ,I think they are based in Bristol,red trucks it was a Scania with well it looked like a double decker and most of the contents of the trailer was spilled over the carriageway.

Hope the guy got out of it ok.

Second one for Kays on M5 in 2 days.
Nicked from another site
Both vehicles involved where Kay’s transport from Grampound road Truro 1 was agency other was employed both where double manned

Thetaff2:
Hope the guy got out of it ok.

Slight injuries according to this bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gl … e-31999109

Probably had his seatbelt on :smiling_imp:

Supposedly over 600lts diesel spread over carriageway

Whilst i hope the driver is ok, was wondering what the cause was. Having done this run many many times, the one thing i have noticed is just how many double deckers seem to be swaying all over the place on the return journey back to Devon.
Which leads me to the loading of the trailers at the various Depots (Lichfield etc) Although weigh bridges are present at the depots, does anyone actually know just how much weight they are carrying and how evenly distributed it is after being loaded?
Especially what weight is on the top deck??!!

8-11 still being shown as closed

Darktower:
Whilst i hope the driver is ok, was wondering what the cause was. Having done this run many many times, the one thing i have noticed is just how many double deckers seem to be swaying all over the place on the return journey back to Devon.
Which leads me to the loading of the trailers at the various Depots (Lichfield etc) Although weigh bridges are present at the depots, does anyone actually know just how much weight they are carrying and how evenly distributed it is after being loaded?

Its a long run made alot longer by loads of road closures and road works hence double manning. Guess a lot of the swaying is tired drivers.

m_attt:

Darktower:

Its a long run made alot longer by loads of road closures and road works hence double manning. Guess a lot of the swaying is tired drivers.

Really■■? My guess is one drives up one drives down piece of ■■■■ what’s to be tired about that■■? :unamused: :unamused:

looks like one of those longer trailers with the rear steer?..its a straight road…why do so many seem to roll it on a straight bit of road??

tango boy:

m_attt:

Darktower:

Really■■? My guess is one drives up one drives down piece of ■■■■ what’s to be tired about that■■? :unamused: :unamused:

There not all double manned, its why they are starting too. But still sat as a passenger for hours on end you are still going to be just as tired.

I’ve done that palletised ■■■■ out of the hubs and if you don’t check the weights on the stuff on the top deck or watch them load it then your screwed.
One time they put a pallet on the top deck and the trl went sooo lopsided I refused to take it out until they took it off and put it on the bottom deck.

They don’t give a rats ■■■ as long as the stuff goes out…

in my limited experience of double manning
3 hours driving is enough
and as said sitting in the passenger seat is hard work