M5 closed last night

Comming back down the M5 lastnight from Jn 9 and there on the northbound side is a sea of blue and yellow lights.
Theres a people carrier on its side up the bank with no roof.
Chatting to one of the lads it was on there earlier so teh Fire rescue must have removed it to recover the injured.
About 400yrd further down is the line of cones holding back teh traffic that look as if they’ve been there hours just ast that is a HTO car with his rear info board flashing with a line of cars behind him waiting to ■■■■■■ them off the motorway south on the northbound side.
There must have been about 4 police cars 5 Hto cars + about 6 or so Highways road crew vehicles at verious points closing Jn 11 and 10 so the traffic could be taken off.

So if your expecting a parcle to day and it dont turn up thats why ,
Target , post man pat , and a few of the other parcle carriers aint gonna make the trip.

Looking at the car I’ll be surprised if everyone got out in one piece, I just hope I’m wrong
Take it easy out there. It only takes 1 muppet to shaft your day / night and we dont want it to be you

update the road was to reopen at 3:45 but is now due open at 4:40 am ( time now 3:52am)

trafficengland.co.uk/map.asp … =-2.151254

Yep had to divert to down the 40-417-M50 to get back on track.
Bit excessive having the motorway closed for that long.Apparently the accident was at 2115.

1 dead :frowning:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glou … 037252.stm

Add to that the M6 was supposed to be shut N and S bound at 10A last night, should have been a night to remember. I left Northampton at 23;15 had to go up M1 to cut across to Stoke on Trent… Having said that Matrix said Q ahead 50, next one said Q ahead 40, next one said End, nothing at all on hard shoulder, not works/police/ debris etc, why do they do it? For fun, to see how many actually slow down■■? :imp:

missed that one :sunglasses: went through there (both ways ) a couple of hours earlier !

I don’t want to seem like an A-hole but the BBC news report said that the car overturned trying to leave the motorway…surely I cant be the only person thinking the driver “was one of those zb’s who leave it to the last minute to leave the motorway”…only difference being this time is the car still didn’t make the slip road!

Adam_Mc:
I don’t want to seem like an A-hole but the BBC news report said that the car overturned trying to leave the motorway…surely I cant be the only person thinking the driver “was one of those zb’s who leave it to the last minute to leave the motorway”…only difference being this time is the car still didn’t make the slip road!

If your on about the M5 ONE no he didnt make the slip road because he was almost 2 miles from it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
Looking at the markings on the road tonight it dont look like there was much from the time it lost control till the time it landed on the bank :open_mouth:

Oh yeah…I misread it a little bit. The report states “as it left the motorwy” so i presumed it meant heading for the sliproad!

Poss left the M/way following his sat nav, jeez some of these people even turn onto railway lines at crossings following the things… :unamused: :unamused:

Some of the six other passengers were thrown from the people carrier when it crashed on the northbound carriageway

and not wearing seatbelts :open_mouth: