M1 j28 - 29 both ways closed!

As it says on the tin, Vehicle fire, diversion is a nightmare as you can imagine, avoid if possible

trafficengland.co.uk/map.asp … =-1.324079

They reckon that it will be open at 17:15… yeah right

Report of some kind of explosives on board, hence fire fighting from distance, and nobody allowed past scene.

Cosmic:
Report of some kind of explosives on board, hence fire fighting from distance, and nobody allowed past scene.

Yeah, the black smoke looked really bad, not too sure how a poxy crash barrier will protect the firefighters from explosives though.

thestar.co.uk/news/local/pic … -1-7336619

Up well then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: lol

Vosa will interrogate the driver asking him if it was strapped down. :unamused:

any migrants on board?

carryfast-yeti:
any migrants on board?

Cold man! :laughing:

Radar19:

carryfast-yeti:
any migrants on board?

Cold man! :laughing:

No hot hot hot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They appeared to bring it under control, then the fire engines went, then they must have been called back…

The S/B is open now but they say the N/B will be closed until the morning due to resurfacing

Heard on the radio that is was a chemical load and that there were “Rivers of Fire” going down the motorway :open_mouth:

Bet there was no workmen about to scare lol :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:
any migrants on board?

ooft!!!
:laughing:

Anyone know what happened at 29a s/b,just as the traffic started flowing.

Was a load of batteries that went up. There was another accident southbound at 29a too. Highways agency says it will reopen at 6am. I got stuck in the aftermarth on A38 A61 A617 coming back to hellaby.Only just made it back to yard lol.

The whole Mansfield area was gridlocked due to it ! Took me best part 3 hours to get from Steetley ( Worksop ) to Swadlincote I managed to get back on at junction 29 once they had reopened southbound past the remnance on northbound side well what was left ! Of it smouldering still well .

What about the s/b accident?

Left hovis 17.30 ,should of been back up at about 18.30 ,got back 20.00 ,anneseley was stop start ,as was 617 ,614 was really slow but there was a van broke down just before bridge at ollerton so he may of been the problem on 614 rather than traffic trying to divert away from m1 .
Went well over my driving time as didn’t think it would be that bad

Anyone hear about the two artics towed into J29 truckstop yesterday?. A driver of ours was talking to them and apparently one (kuene & nagel) was struck by lightning and blew a half prop out and the other (preston of potto) was struck also and fried the electrics!!

I saw em both being towed in by the roadworks recovery BDV? As I passed the truckstop that afternoon from IKO at clay cross