M1 J15-14 crash

Look East on BBC has said the M1 is closed Southbound J15 due to a three truck crash in which one driver has died.Not very good news and thoughts to all concerned. :frowning:

Aye, the poor sod. Five Live said it was 4 lorries involved with one fatality.
I came up through Milton Keynes from Chesham and got caught in the gridlock around Newport Pagnell/A509 and pretty much every other route through from 15-14. It took me 45 minutes to get from gayhurst to the A509 roundabout, and from there the traffic was queued from that roundabout right back to the BP garage.

I went over the M1 between the junctions and could see the accident in the distance. I couldn’t make out companies or anything like that.

Was not a pretty sight… C-Kay I was going to Chesham this morning! From our yard at Rushden, didnt know about the closure til I got to Jct 15. :blush: :blush:

Anyway coming back from Hemel to Northampton came N’bound and past the scene at noon and saw wreckers taking 2 trailers from the scene.
Didn’t look too long passing the scene as it was carnage and I can see why there was a fatality :cry: :cry:
Not saying I know what happened but, lets just say what looked like the cab of the last truck to hit the accident was squashed to approx 4 ft!! Palletline trailer on the back of it.

RIP to the fatality :frowning:

Makes you realise that we need to leave more room from the truck in front, certaintly made me think seeing it! when I got home tonight i hugged my 3 girls aged 4, 6 and 9 and thought Thank god!! I think they should do a campaign on this to try to highlight the danger of being too close!! Respect to the emergency services for the work they do, I certaintly couldn’t do it!

I passed it at 8.15am this morning and they were in the middle of accident investigation and hadn’t moved anything, fire brigade had partitions up so knew it was a fatal accident, 4 trucks involved and driver who died was pulling a trailer for Pallet Track, for what ever reason the wagon at the front a MAN pulling a flat loaded with wood as had to slow/stop in a hurry and the other three havent been able to react.

I got told in the office, the driver who died was from castledene transport. The boss got that first hand as he’s good friends with their transport manager. Rip fellow driver, condolences to your loved ones

RIP Its dangerous out on our roads.

Dogmatix:
RIP Its dangerous out on our roads.

Agreed

RIP

you wanna read the misguilded comments ont he local papers website about it…
we all do 60mph for example, we should all be made to stay in lane 1 in convoy… gotta say im up for that, not sure how cars getting on the motorway will have to wait till the last lorry goes past the junction :unamused:
so much BS

dazaster:
…not sure how cars getting on the motorway will have to wait till the last lorry goes past the junction…

They’ll suddenly shoot up your inside, pull out in front of you and brake suddenly; totally unaware of the safe braking distance you’ve allowed behind the truck in front.

Bob