M1 J13-14 both directions

Avoid M1 J13-14 both directions:

Breaking News

M1 | Bedfordshire | Both directions | Incident, road closed

The M1 in Bedfordshire is currently closed in both directions between junctions J13 and J14 due to a serious incident.

A diversion route is in place and traffic wishing to travel north should exit at J13 and take the A421 (NW). Continue on the A421 to then take the A4146 (N), followed by the A509 (N) to rejoin the M6 at J14.

Traffic wishing to travel south should exit at J14 to the A509 (S), and continue onto the A4146 (S). Then take the 1st exit on to the A421. Continue along the A421 to rejoin the M1 at J13.

I left Bedford at 10.15 & saw all the Blues going to that. Thought that the M1 might be knackered.

Used the A428-Northampton & got on the motorway at 15 instead (good decision)

Hope every ones ok.

THE M1 is closed in both directions between Milton Keynes and Bedford because of an incident involving a lorry, car and a fuel spillage.

Contraflow:

THE M1 is closed in both directions between Milton Keynes and Bedford because of an incident involving a lorry, car and a fuel spillage.

InYourArea - Local News and Information - Home

Looks fine to me looking at the picture.

South had two lanes open and was running fine when I came through about 2pm, north was still closed at J13 and was standing still for a few miles. I don’t know what went on there this morning but there was barrier damage all over the place so would expect some overnight lane closures this week.

Sat in the n/b queue for just over 2 1/2 bleedin hours. Got on at 13 just as the ■■■■ signs went to the dreaded red cross. The central reservation barrier had been given a right old clout and then there was also signs of carnage up the embankment and about a ton of sand spread over the motorway to I assume soak up all the fuel.

FarnboroughBoy11:

I think that’s just a stock photograph of a motorway.

Contraflow:

FarnboroughBoy11:

:slight_smile: I know. It was a poor attempt at a bit of humour.

FarnboroughBoy11:

Contraflow:

FarnboroughBoy11:

:slight_smile: I know. It was a poor attempt at a bit of humour.

I thought it might have been, but couldn’t be sure… you are a bit thick sometimes. :wink: