M1 closure, J23a - J24 this weekend, from 10pm tonight, fri

Any of you guys travelling M1 this weekend need to be aware of this closure.

I’ve made a sticky for the time being. :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154718

Seeing how traffic runs on the A453 between the two islands when the motorway is open I’d be tempted to steer well clear.

toonsy:
Seeing how traffic runs on the A453 between the two islands when the motorway is open I’d be tempted to steer well clear.

I’ve found southbound to be generally ok at night but north is a joke with those two sets of lights at the Kegworth/EMG junction.
I come this way every night at 3am and without fail they will change to red as you approach, turning green for the bus exit from the EMG which, er, has no buses. It’s a building site.

Wait until some dummy comes southbound this weekend in the ‘third lane’ , bombing past everyone until they realise it’s a filter for the building site and try to chop back in. I’ve seen it about half a dozen times since it’s been fully open.

I won’t even mention the traffic light phasing at 24! I’ve nver seen it altered during any diversion/closure.
They did actually send all M1 north traffic down the 453 a few weeks ago and coned it off to one lane!
The mind boggles.

toonsy:

A46 well enough clear or the M6 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’d steer clear of Donnington as well or you’ll be stuck there for about 3 days and pitchforked by the locals if you go near their 7.5t limit :laughing:

You’d be better coming off at 24A if southbound then hooking a left up the last bit of the A50. If it’s queueing for miles northbound then come off at Shepshed and nip up through Loughborough onto the A6. Only takes 10 mins and you’re back on at 24. :smiley:

blue estate:

toonsy:

A46 well enough clear or the M6 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Those are the ways id be going lol

Just had a look on Google traffic and the A453 between the two junctions is showing green lol.

Mi roadworks.jpg
Certainly getting on with it.

Rob K:
You’d be better coming off at 24A if southbound then hooking a left up the last bit of the A50. If it’s queueing for miles northbound then come off at Shepshed and nip up through Loughborough onto the A6. Only takes 10 mins and you’re back on at 24. :smiley:

Yes course it does :unamused:

All open now.