Lost licence

I’ve just changed address and will be sending off my digi card this weekend , if I just send this back will I also receive a new driving licence as I have lost mine, cheers

Smoggie89:
I’ve just changed address and will be sending off my digi card this weekend , if I just send this back will I also receive a new driving licence as I have lost mine, cheers

There is no legal requirement to change address on a digicard

The licence is a seperate matter and will cost you £20 to replace so you might as well send a new photo at the same time as that will be valid for another 10 years

Cost £24.50p at a post office

I think I have all that correct but wait for confirmation

ROG:

Smoggie89:

There is no legal requirement to change address on a digicard

The licence is a seperate matter and will cost you £20 to replace so you might as well send a new photo at the same time as that will be valid for another 10 years

Cost £24.50p at a post office

I think I have all that correct but wait for confirmation

Okay mate cheers, if anyone knows if ill receive a new licence if I send off digi please let me know , just trying to get out of paying for new 1 lol, if I have to pay then I have to pay

DVLA have a copy of the photo on your current (lost) driving licence so changing address on the digi will simply generate that photo onto it

Failure to disclose a change of details for licence or any vehicle carries a heavy fine.as Rog has said if you apply for a replacement licence at your new address the photo will have been recorded and shouldn’t be a problem unless its outta date

Yeah I understand what you mean, but what I mean is , if I send my digi back (because I have lost my licence) will they send me new ones back out because the change of address ? I would of thought they would , as its obvious if I have only sent 1 licence back for change of address then the others would need changing too ? Cheers

You don’t send your digi back. Use the same form as when you got your original, it will turn up at your chosen test station or dvla office, simply take your old card and swap them over when you get the letter from dvla

OVLOV JAY:
You don’t send your digi back. Use the same form as when you got your original, it will turn up at your chosen test station or dvla office, simply take your old card and swap them over when you get the letter from dvla

Is this just the case for digi? I’m sure when I changed address last time I sent off my licence and they sent me back a new digi aswell with new address, also what happens with CPC card or does that not matter ?

They will not send you a new digi to your home address, apart from first issue or new cards when they hit expiry dates. You have to exchange at a dvla/vosa office. Otherwise you would have 2 cards, both in date :wink: I don’t know about the cpc cards

OVLOV JAY:
They will not send you a new digi to your home address, apart from first issue or new cards when they hit expiry dates. You have to exchange at a dvla/vosa office. Otherwise you would have 2 cards, both in date :wink: I don’t know about the cpc cards

I think that has changed if I remember many other posts on this site on this issue

ROG:

OVLOV JAY:

I think that has changed if I remember many other posts on this site on this issue

It has changed. I got mine recently in the post; IIRC there was a note with it saying don’t use it till XXXX date, and when you do start using it, keep the old one with you for 28 days (having first downloaded it of course) then destroy it.

Far more sensible system and also takes into account the fact that most local DVLA offices are closing anyway.

Saves a bit of ■■■■■■■ about then , I wouldn’t think CPC card would matter that much but what do I know :slight_smile:

DQC or driver cpc card is sent to the address on the driving licence automatically when either the 35 hours of periodic are completed or initial module 4 is passed

So if you move you can get another card sent to your home address :open_mouth: Kerching :sunglasses: