Lorry smashes through front of pub?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-30144985 good to here the driver is ok

popped in for a quicky then. :slight_smile:
Glad drivers ok tho. :wink:

I know that pub, he was probably coming from Westbury and turning left at the mini roundabout, still no one hurt that’s the main thing.

Contrast the posts on this thread with the one about the tractor shedding bales in Leominster,large helpings of double standards all round

web_lorry_left.jpg

gezt:

along similar lines,i was going to say surely he could not be that desperate for a drink

truckman020:

gezt:

along similar lines,i was going to say surely he could not be that desperate for a drink

Depends on the week he’s had :wink: :wink:

bald bloke:
I know that pub, he was probably coming from Westbury and turning left at the mini roundabout, still no one hurt that’s the main thing.

I’ve driven past it hundreds of times, have absolutely no idea how he managed that and hard to see how excessive speed would be a factor really.

insurance job?? possibly they refused a backdoor delivery,or he just found out the barman is ploughing his misses while hes on the nightshift?..stranger things happen. :wink:

GOG47:
Contrast the posts on this thread with the one about the tractor shedding bales in Leominster,large helpings of double standards all round

The driver had an accident, he did not shed his load. If he had shed his load or struck a bridge he would be receiving a slating. A bit like a tractor shedding his load I’d imagine.

the maoster:

GOG47:

The driver had an accident, he did not shed his load. If he had shed his load or struck a bridge he would be receiving a slating. A bit like a tractor shedding his load I’d imagine.

From the limited evidence available it would seem that like the tractor driver he took the corner too fast, but instead of shedding his load (bit difficult with that trailer :wink: ) he wrecked the pub instead.

I’m with GOG47, double standards indeed.

Sidevalve:

the maoster:

GOG47:

From the limited evidence available it would seem that like the tractor driver he took the corner too fast, but instead of shedding his load (bit difficult with that trailer :wink: ) he wrecked the pub instead.

Nah, you can take that corner at 30mph or more particularly if you swing out right towards the bollard before turning left. From where he’s gone into the pub he’s almost driven straight on with no effort to turn.

Own Account Driver:

Sidevalve:

the maoster:

GOG47:

Nah, you can take that corner at 30mph or more particularly if you swing out right towards the bollard before turning left. From where he’s gone into the pub he’s almost driven straight on with no effort to turn.

Ok next time you go there you try taking at 30mph and I bet you’ll also hit the pub as it’s a 90 degrees left turn.

bald bloke:

Own Account Driver:

Sidevalve:

the maoster:

GOG47:

Ok next time you go there you try taking at 30mph and I bet you’ll also hit the pub as it’s a 90 degrees left turn.

Been round it since the last post. :laughing:

Own Account Driver:
Been round it since the last post.

Not at 30 mph though.

I reckon that he was popping in for a Harvey Wall Banger.

bald bloke:

Own Account Driver:
Been round it since the last post.

Not at 30 mph though.

Yes, or near enough, bit of stage 1 exhaust is the most I ever use to shed any speed. That’s why I said it,