lorry ban

Can someone please tell me when I can go into London during the day ? Been looking on the websites but can’t make head or tail of it ,even called my old job who have a massive planning dept and they not 100% sure

garp:
Can someone please tell me when I can go into London during the day ? Been looking on the websites but can’t make head or tail of it ,even called my old job who have a massive planning dept and they not 100% sure

Anytime after 7 in the morning

cant find the info on web site, but going into london tonight, will be going down the A41 and need to get onto the A5 s/b, is it o.k to turn right onto the a407 from the a41 to pick up the a5 sb? will be in a 15 ton truck going through at about 930-10 ish.

or come down the a41 to brents cross and use the n/circular to pick up a5, im not up to speed with all restrcitions as dont got into the smoke very often,

cheers.
:smiley:

Cruise Control:
cant find the info on web site, but going into london tonight, will be going down the A41 and need to get onto the A5 s/b, is it o.k to turn right onto the a407 from the a41 to pick up the a5 sb? will be in a 15 ton truck going through at about 930-10 ish.

or come down the a41 to brents cross and use the n/circular to pick up a5, im not up to speed with all restrcitions as dont got into the smoke very often,

cheers.

Lorry Ban only applies to vehicles over 18 tonnes MAM.

londoncouncils.gov.uk/servic … /about.htm
Info you need is on the above :wink:

Will:
http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/londonlorrycontrol/about.htm

cool, didnt realise it was above 18t, just assumed it was everything over 7.5t!!!l looks like i wont get shot at on the n/c then pick up the a5, happy days,

Basically you can’t enter between 9pm until 7 am, unless you have an exemption

Hi all

question for the Professional :wink: drivers who know all the London weight limits/night time restrictions/low bridges like the back of their hands.

Have a drop near Portman Square at 10pm and then need to haul ■■■ to near Excel centre, sat nav saying go down victoria embankment etc basically straight across london, but not sure on weight limits/night time bans,

worst case in thinking is up to the north circular then follow it around to Excel area, is there a quicker and legal way that i wont get any penalties.

Will be in a rigid, 15t mgw running at 11" 5’

cheers for any help in advance

greg.

Vauxhall Bridge Road has a timed weight limit, and a couple of colleagues have been done, one driver at 06:59 ffs.
I think if you follow Chelsea embankment and use Vauxhall Bridge you’re ok.
Quite possibly the most pointless weight limit has to be in Park Royal; Where are there houses in Londons’ crappest industrial estate? The place is a sewer, needs bulldozing and starting over.

I used to run from New Covent garden to new spittle market in an artic by crossing over the Thames at Westminster bridge and turning right at the big clock and then down the Embankment past the Tower ,limehouse link
you can do it on the south of the river and cross back at Southwark bridge onto lower Thames street and then limehouse
I did this route at various times of the night and never had a problem as both roads were not weight limited (but i could be wrong )

john_london:

Cruise Control:

cheers.

Lorry Ban only applies to vehicles over 18 tonnes MAM.

If I’m not mistaken its over 16.5t not 18t

jc69817:

It’s 18t, they just haven’t bothered updating a lot of the old signs from 16.5t to 18t.

groovy greg:
Hi all

question for the Professional :wink: drivers who know all the London weight limits/night time restrictions/low bridges like the back of their hands.

Have a drop near Portman Square at 10pm and then need to haul ■■■ to near Excel centre, sat nav saying go down victoria embankment etc basically straight across london, but not sure on weight limits/night time bans,

worst case in thinking is up to the north circular then follow it around to Excel area, is there a quicker and legal way that i wont get any penalties.

greg.

At 15t you have the freedom of the city you lucky boy!

AJF3011:

jc69817:

It’s 18t, they just haven’t bothered updating a lot of the old signs from 16.5t to 18t.

Correct!

Will:
http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/londonlorrycontrol/about.htm

Yes, you’re right. TFL freight section on their website is rubbish :frowning:

groovy greg:
Hi all

greg.

Easiest way is to go back to the Marylebone Road, chuck a right then head around the Ring Road to Aldgate then pick up the A13.