Looking for a job around London

Some might remember me from a few months ago. I had failed my Class 2 a few times and was a little down…passed on my fifth attempt! I then went and did my class 1 which I failed first time but passed yesterday on my second attempt. Extremely relieved as many of you will know what it’s like to fail a few then finally pass. Anyway, I would like to work around London…I saw a few months ago somebody mention that there would be a lot of work around Heathrow. Does anybody have any agency names / contacts there? Is there a lot of work around the area for a newly passed driver? Thanks in advance…

Congratulations on passing class 1 & 2 Ader1
and good luck with finding work :smiley: .

Well done on the test passes :smiley: , hope you find work.

Congratulations Alder 1 :wink: :laughing: you must feel great after such a difficult time training.
What kind of work do you have in mind?

Thank you all! Ladytrucker, I am looking for any type of work initially as I am inexperienced but ideally Class 1. Do you know of anything in the London area or even further afield but I would prefer to be within a reasonable distance of London…

loads of jobs always in truckstop news heres the website truckstopnews.co.uk/ i dont know if they will post you a copy you usially get it at truckstops if you have a problem pm me and i will pick one up for you on the boat on monday and post it to you . Harry

i just had another look if you click truckstop news online at topof page it shows you all the ads but you need good eye site as its a little small

Thanks Harry

if you click on each page and you have acrobat reader on your pc it enlarges the page for you :wink:

jon

Ader1:
Some might remember me from a few months ago. I had failed my Class 2 a few times and was a little down…passed on my fifth attempt! I then went and did my class 1 which I failed first time but passed yesterday on my second attempt. Extremely relieved as many of you will know what it’s like to fail a few then finally pass. Anyway, I would like to work around London…I saw a few months ago somebody mention that there would be a lot of work around Heathrow. Does anybody have any agency names / contacts there? Is there a lot of work around the area for a newly passed driver? Thanks in advance…

If that’s the area you fancy working in I’d take a trip round there and knock on doors i don’t think it would be too long before you got something

:exclamation: You could try calling in at Saints Transport - you’ll have to look up their address in your local Yellow Pages - or any of the dozens of other airfreight transport companies in the Heathrow area.
** They could be listed under ‘Road Haulage’ …(or alternatively ‘Freight Forwarding’.) :slight_smile:

I read somewhere that Christian Salvesen run out of the Airfreight Perishables Terminal, you could try them as well.

Several ‘overnight parcels’ and ‘pallet network’ firms also have depots in the area - I’m fairly sure ! :wink:

Good Luck with your jobsearch. :sunglasses: