Long life Food recommendations

I carry dried pasta sauce mixes And tinned meat for emergencies. On the whole not brilliant but better than nothing.

Tesco tinned Tikka Masala is nice.

The princes range is rank as is the Morrison’s own range.

Anyone got original or recommended options

the wifes cheese sarneys the birds love em… :grimacing:

Make smoothies at home

Typical : spinach , apple , raspberry , carrot , banana , nuts , goji berry , chia seed .

Thats more than five a day . put in tupperware pots and keep in fridge box

For hot meal use instant cous cous( just add water , altho they do conrain evil salt ) fry some eggs , tinned or fresh toms and any salad you find during week .

All very tasty and easy to make .

And healthy

and cheap

For cold snacks, i always throw a few boxes of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce in my bag - (you know, the little, flat ones with the peel off lids) Keep forever, nutritious and tasty.
I also carry a fairly big bag of mixed, dried fruit for munchies. They don`t go off, and are a much healthier choice than the usual crap (crisps, biccies, chocolate etc.)

■■■■■■■:
For cold snacks, i always throw a few boxes of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce in my bag - (you know, the little, flat ones with the peel off lids) Keep forever, nutritious and tasty.
I also carry a fairly big bag of mixed, dried fruit for munchies. They don`t go off, and are a much healthier choice than the usual crap (crisps, biccies, chocolate etc.)

Thats the one i put my Money on

midlifetrucker:
I carry dried pasta sauce mixes And tinned meat for emergencies. On the whole not brilliant but better than nothing.

Asda’s own brand curries (purple label) far superior IMO,and at 3 for £4 work out cheaper.
Naan breads or pittas generally have a shelf life of a couple of months,and always useful as a stodgy filler :wink:

midlifetrucker:

Princes make most folks own label meals bud. I know this as I deliver it into them.

I use the packets from a company called ‘Look What We Found’, I’m not sure if they’re only available in the north east becasue they’re a small local company. But they do all sorts of meals like meatballs in sauce, curry, stews, soups, etc in a packet that doesn’t need to be refridgerated and cook in the microwave (3 minutes) or in a pan of boiling water (eg, if you want to make pasta to go with). Small portions but they’re what they call a ‘single serving’, and meant to go with pasta/rice/veg.

parkus:
I use the packets from a company called ‘Look What We Found’, I’m not sure if they’re only available in the north east becasue they’re a small local company. But they do all sorts of meals like meatballs in sauce, curry, stews, soups, etc in a packet that doesn’t need to be refridgerated and cook in the microwave (3 minutes) or in a pan of boiling water (eg, if you want to make pasta to go with). Small portions but they’re what they call a ‘single serving’, and meant to go with pasta/rice/veg.

I’ll second this,very tasty.

parkus:

Waitrose sells them and they can be bought online.

BeakFreak81:

parkus:

I’ll second this,very tasty.

3rd’d very tasty meals. I carry them in all my vehicles with a jetfoil for emergencies. The beef meatballs are very tasty.

Will give them a try. Thanks. You can buy direct online

midlifetrucker:
Will give them a try. Thanks. You can buy direct online

that’s what I said or meant :slight_smile: