Loads Above Tipper Sides

pete904ni:
C’mon the railways have it sorted easily :laughing:

Relevant repost

I think it needs a couple more straps to handle the weight! :slight_smile:

I loaded a chap about 11 years ago who had 2t of ballast on a clapped out Bedford TL plant lorry; I jokingly told him everything had to be sheeted so he tied 2 or 3 ropes around it :laughing: :laughing: He must’ve had half a ton left on there when he got to his destination.

mucker85:

pete904ni:

Relevant repost

Don’t know but maybe these straps are more to stop the sides giving up the ghost and dropping down rather than to stop the aggregate falling out. No one would reasonably expect the straps to contain the aggregate would they? Or am just adopting the common sense approach and way off the mark?

pete904ni:

now thats funny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mick.mh2racing:

mucker85:

pete904ni:

Relevant repost

Don’t know but maybe these straps are more to stop the sides giving up the ghost and dropping down rather than to stop the aggregate falling out. No one would reasonably expect the straps to contain the aggregate would they? Or am just adopting the common sense approach and way off the mark?

thinking about it, maybe if they put a net on it it would stop the straps flapping.

mick.mh2racing:

mucker85:

pete904ni:

Relevant repost

I see your point but the straps will slacken off pretty quickly going down the road.