Live Traffic Cameras

A question for all with mobile internet access.

In Scotland we have this website, www.trafficscotland.org which gives allsorts of road conditions, present and planned road works etc and also 24 hr live traffic camera pictures for the major cities and other areas as well. Very good if you want to check the busy roads( for example through Glasgow )before you use them.
My question is do other cities or areas have a similar setup and if so what are the web addresses?

How about http://www.highways.gov.uk/?

Click on traffic information on that site.

Ken.

got them in Leicester - they update every few seconds.

The Highways Agency introduced a trial scheme in October last year where Websites could link to Live Cameras around the UK

The BBC use them and you can basically get all major roads etc from their local websites, but any websites wanting to use the feeds have to pay a Licence fee of £1500 per year.

I have " Traffictv" on my mobile phone …

it costs me £4 a month… bargain !

All of the motorways around Bristol (M32, M4/M5, both Severn Bridges, etc.) are available on the BBC Bristol website: www.bbc.co.uk/bristol

jimboy124:
I have " Traffictv" on my mobile phone …

it costs me £4 a month… bargain !

Orange by any chance? HTC Kaiser?

I’ve got that on my HTC Kaiser but I only access it over a wifi not gprs link… :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Davey Driver:
The Highways Agency introduced a trial scheme in October last year where Websites could link to Live Cameras around the UK

You will find that the cameras are blocked when there is something to see as what is on show is not for general consumption. So if you cannot get cameras in a particular area it may be a fault but it maybe worth checking to see if you need to take another route.