Link to a particular POST

Is there a way of doing a link to a specific post or only to a page :question:

I notice that it has been done HERE but am unsure how to do it myself.

Yes you can link to a specific post, probably the easiest way is to go to the post you want to link to and click on the link at the top of the post where it shows the post topic, for instance at the top of my post here it will say “Re:Link to a particular POST”, after clicking on that link just copy/paste the web address.

That’s your weekend spoken for then … writing a 100 line tutorial on linking to specific posts :laughing:

edit: This is a link to one of your recent posts at the end of a thread.

Thank you very much :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:
Thank you very much :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’re welcome :wink:

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before but there’s an easier way to copy the link than I described above :blush:

You probably already know this but I’ll post it anyway just in case you don’t.

Instead of clicking the link as I described above just hover the cursor over the link (in this case “Re:Link to a particular POST”) and right click, then from the right click menu select “Copy Link Location” (Firefox) or “Copy Shortcut” (Internet Explorer) and the web address will be copied to the clip-board ready for you to paste where-ever you want it, job done :wink:

tachograph:
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before but there’s an easier way to copy the link than I described above :blush:

You probably already know this but I’ll post it anyway just in case you don’t.

Instead of clicking the link as I described above just hover the cursor over the link (in this case “Re:Link to a particular POST”) and right click, then from the right click menu select “Copy Link Location” (Firefox) or “Copy Shortcut” (Internet Explorer) and the web address will be copied to the clip-board ready for you to paste where-ever you want it, job done :wink:

That’s exactly what I have been doing during my composing of a very large LGV training tips post - thanks to you :smiley: :smiley:
I have managed to put all the various training posts together in one thread and use an index so each one can be accessed directly.
Also, each post has a link back to the index page.

You’ll be able to see it when it goes into the newbies forum soon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: