Lincoln Farm Truck Stop (A452)

Whats this place like? Cheers

not to bad if you catchem on a good day a bit like most places to be honest avoid the chips unless you like them greasy salads are ok service is fairly quick you get 2 choices of tickets cnt remember prices of the top of my head secure they have guard on overnight ermmm theres a bar

mmmmmm grease. Cheers m8

I used to use this place regularly when i was tramping … when you pull-in, the old boy asks what time you are leaving, and parks you in tight (never come to leave and been blocked in). Car park is a bit pot holed, but they do try try to fill in sometimes.
Showers are free if o/night … always hot/clean … nice big cubicles (not like Newark cattle market LOL).
Food … old fashioned English … HUGE platefulls … always enjoyed the chips (must be a Yorkshire thing ?) salads fine too (never had a dessert - too full !)
All in all, would recommend … (that’s my opinion ! ) … last of the old style transport cafes. Only personal criticism … somtimes get a bit “noisy” … LOADS of regulars, also several drivers from the same fleet, but can be fun “eavesdropping” LOL.

Mmm, home made cakes, scones and pasties. lovely :smiley:

The Rustler:
I used to use this place regularly when i was tramping … when you pull-in, the old boy asks what time you are leaving, and parks you in tight (never come to leave and been blocked in). Car park is a bit pot holed, but they do try try to fill in sometimes.
Showers are free if o/night … always hot/clean … nice big cubicles (not like Newark cattle market LOL).
Food … old fashioned English … HUGE platefulls … always enjoyed the chips (must be a Yorkshire thing ?) salads fine too (never had a dessert - too full !)
All in all, would recommend … (that’s my opinion ! ) … last of the old style transport cafes. Only personal criticism … somtimes get a bit “noisy” … LOADS of regulars, also several drivers from the same fleet, but can be fun “eavesdropping” LOL.

i’ve had some cracking nights in there i used to be with the bratts contingent :laughing:

and a very good breakfast they do in there aswell, I popped in this morning after doing a drop at Birmingham airport

Lincoln Farm is one of the dirtiest transport cafes I have had the misfortune to stop at. There is a web site with UK truck stops, I can’t remember it’s name but it has a comic bull as it’s logo. Anyway. For years I had happily passed Lincoln Farm, even when I’m starving. This web site, with the bull, gave it a good write up. I thought Hmm, I’ll give it a try, it must have new management.
The parking was the same as always, it wrecks your truck and rocks the load due to the huge potholes, your cab fills with dirt & dust the moment you open your door. On entering the cafe, it was the same dump it had always been. The place was empty but I was here and hungry so thought bug*er it. Nobody at the counter to welcome me. Nobody even knew a customer had arrived. I managed to make enough noise to attract the attention of one of two girls chatting away in the kitchen. I had just noticed dry bean juice on the side of one supposedly clean mugs in the tray and scarpered.

It’s a dump, it’s always been a dump.

This hell hole only survives becouse there is nowhere else to go and Environmental Health feel it good enough for truck drivers.